11 - Jonah's POV

We carry on laughing after Zach has left. I look down and realise my hand is still in her's. I pull mine away and she turns round, looking confused. "Sorry. I forgot I still had it" I tell her it's fine but then things get awkward so she leaves. After she's gone, Zach comes back in.
"Still think you guys should've got a room."
"Why the hell would you say that for anyway?"
"I was just saying what I saw."
"She works for me and I'm her boss."
Zach grabs my pancake, "yeah. Sure. You keep telling yourself that."

I start to make another pancake as Corbyn and Daniel come in.

C- "This guy has himself a girl."
Me- "So you told Hope and now she's your girlfriend even though she works for you."
D- "I really like her. So be happy for me man. Also, Hope told me that Beaux already shipped us and called us Dope."
Me- "Well ain't she smart."
C- "I think it's a great shipped name. And yes Jonah. I think she's smart. And I think she's funny. And I also think you like her but you keep using the boss and employee thing as a way to get out of it."
Me- "You keep thinking that. And maybe you could both just go away and leave me so I can eat my pancake in peace." I just stare at them and eventually they leave the room.

I'm not using the position as an excuse. I just don't understand why everyone thinks I like her. Like I said. She's intriguing. I just want to know about her. That doesn't mean I like her. It just means I'm a good boss. Right?