Chapter 14

............................Flashback.............................

3 years ago

Forth was riding his bike. He had just fought with family over some petty things and he just took his bike and just rode away.

He was just driving around when he saw  a car suddenly screeched and upturned right in front of him.

The smell of petroleum was emanating from the car and he knew that the car was about to explode any minute now.

It was midnight but highway was still alive and there were enough people to help.

He saw the people helping out the old couple in front. They were severely injured and he could hear people cursing on the couple's bad luck. But as they were taking the old couple out, he saw the flames starting to form in the back of car.

Seeing this everybody rushed away from the car's vicinity. Still there was one more person in the back seat. He was screaming for help.

But nobody was getting near the car to help him out.

Whatever it was he couldn't just stay there doing nothing when he could help save one more life. He rushed forward disregarding the shouts and protests of the people.

He knelt down on his knees to see the one in back and suddenly was captivated by the eyes of the boy. The piercing eyes were terrified praying for his mom and dad. And his heart wept at the sight. The boy was not much injured but he was stuck in the back.

Whatever he had to do had to be done in the next seconds. He suddenly dived inside the car through the back window and tried to pull the boy ouy. The boy was still stuck.

He saw the a glass shred in the boy's hands. He took it and cut the seatbelt and  pulled the boy out locking his arms between the boy's armpits.

Some men pulled him out of the car and in turn pulling the boy out. And just then the car exploded right in front of them. He held the boy tight in his embrace shielding him from the view in front.

The boy suddenly looked at him reaching for his face, "Angel!!!!!". Forth understood the boy was about to lose consciousness. The boy looked at Forth with utmost trust and said, "Save my mom and dad". He had seen the couple's condition before. He didn't have the heart to tell the boy otherwise and said, "I will, now stay with me". And the boy looked to the car and closed his eyes.

Even though he only saw the boy that day he didn't have the heart to leave him. He sat inside the ambulance with him in his embrace.

The boy was in and out of consciousness throughout the journey. They were rushed to the emergency room as soon as they reached the hospital. The boy was transferred to a gurney and was wheeled to the ER.

Even then he didn't let go of his hands. "My mom and dad" , the boy said fistimg on his shirt. And unknowingly the boy yanked the chain off of Forth and fisted it in his hands. And the staff pushed him inside the ER, before he could answer anything, leaving Forth to face the turmoil of emotions all by himself. He felt a sudden invasion of loneliness and longing in him towards the boy.

The doctors had come outside asking the whereabouts. But he didn't know who he was or about their relatives or where their home was.

The doctor got the mobile phone and ID card from Beam's pocket and gave it to him.

But he saw one of the doctor identifying  the couple. Apparently they were famous doctors from the university hospital in the city.

After a while, a couple and a boy about his age were running inside the ER and wailing at the condition of the family. He was surprised to find two of arrived people to be doctors as well.