Chapter 6

Beam's PoV

I know I got emotional to Kit. I know I shouldn't have said all those, maybe I did good. I don't know!

I walked towards my dorm with Kit after dropping Pha at his. We walked in silence after parking the car in parking lot. There are not a lotta people here since it is still early to be sleeping.

"Beam... do you love someone?" I froze at his sudden question. I stopped on my path clutching on to my necklace. What can I reply to him when even I don't know the answer to that question. I just shrugged and walked towards my dorm room. I took out the key from my pocket, slowly opened my door. "Good night Kit" I closed the door before he giving him an opportunity to answer.

I slid infront of the door supporting my face on both my palms and knees. Do I have anyone left with me for me to love? I could feel my hot tear drops running down my cheeks. Do I? I have asked that question to myself numerous times. I have always found myself alone. Truth is I don't have anyone. I am all there is left after the death of my mom and dad. Who in their right mind would love a broken person like me.

I can only cry at my pathetic situation. I have lost all my dear ones. I walked to my bed slumping on it without changing my clothes. I can feel that I am not gonna be able to sleep properly today. I sat up opening the bedside table. I found the bottle of sleeping pills inside. I unscrewed the cap to take two pills. I am sure that I have to take this today to sleep.
I slowly got inside my comforter waiting for sleep to come.

I can see everyone laughing happily with grandmom and granddad. It is their wedding anniversary. We are having a party at their home. Only the family and near relatives are invited. It is a fun occasion. The cake cutting ceremony was amazing. I could see their love in both their eyes. It is still fresh as new. All of us are so happy and are excitedly taking pictures with them.

After the dinner everybody is talking in the living room and I can see mom and dad getting ready to leave. I don't wanna leave. I wanna stay and have some fun with my cousins.

"Mom is it okay if I come back a little late today? I mean I haven't seen my cousins and grandma and grandpa in a long time and maybe is it possible for me to stay back? I promise I ll be back before midnight" I asked mom with puppy eyes. I know she falls for that.

"If you are staying back how are we gonna go Beam, who is gonna drive us back home?" I could see mom trying to reason with me.

"Please mom, P'Day can drop me home. Won't you P'Day?" I asked my cousin in excitement. "Sure aunty, I can drop him" he said after some hesitation. I wonder why.

"No Beam, actually we are all going cause we have a charity function tomorrow. Day is dropping us home early. All of us have to attend that. Go home with dad and mom today" I heard my uncle telling me that.

Oo..that's why P hesitated. I am angry. Everyone is busy! I usually do not get to spend time with everyone and this had to happen tomorrow. I waiied to grandmom grandpa and all others and walked towards our car angrily.

I am on sulk mode I won't drive if they won't allow me to stay back. I walked towards the back seat and sit there pouting. I know my mom and dad spoils me so much.

They just laughed at my antics and got on in front seats. Since it was a family function they allowed me to drive them here. Now dad will drive us back. I was sitting in the back still pouting. Dad will drive us back.

I slowly drifted off into sleep.

I heard a loud sound and felt a sudden pain in my legs. I opened my eyes to see an upturned car.