S2 Ch. 2 Darkness Rising

Later that night, you had told Rio about what happened with Kiba and she was as worried as you.

You were now in your room with Rias along with Issei, Asia, and Rio. Rias was starting to explain what the holy swords were.

Rias: Holy swords are the worst weapons against devils. Simply touching one burns a devils body. And being cut by one can mean almost instant death. She says with a serious look.

(Yn): Which means that you have to really focus on defense when your opponent has one. He says with a serious look.

Issei: That's intense. He says with a scared look.

Rias: It is, but the fact is that the ones who can wield the holy swords are extraordinarily rare. The church tried to raise those they thought were worthy artificially, so that they could wield Excalibur and destroy every last devil. Also known as the Holy Sword Project. She says with a serious look.

Rio starts to tremble at this, bit you hold her hand to make her feel at ease.

Asia: The church must've kept that super secret, because I never heard anything about it when I was there. She said with a neutral look.

Rias: I would think not. It's all in the past. I heard the project failed completely. She said with a serious look.

Issei: Well, let's hope so. He said with a neutral look.

Rias: Kiba barely survived the project. She said with an angered look.

(Yn): So, that's what he meant when he said his reason for living. He said as he understood.

Rio: Poor Kiba. She said with a worried look.

(Yn): Issei, go get that photo album that Kiba was looking at earlier. He said with a serious look.

Issei: Why? He asked with a confused look.

(Yn): I think I know what freaked him out. He said with a serious tone.

Issei went and got the photo album and gave it to you. You looked through the photos until you found the one that Kiba was looking at.

You out the album in the desk in your room so that everyone could see.

(Yn): Kiba started acting weird after he saw this, and he said that it was a holy sword. He said with a serious look.

You pointed to the sword hanging on the wall in the background.

Rias: This isn't nearly as strong as Excalibur, but there's no mistaking it. Kiba was right. That is a holy sword. She said with a serious look.

Rio: So, what should we do about Kiba? She asks with a worried look.

Rias's expression changed to a smile as she shut the photo album.

Rias: Right now, nothing. It's too late to do anything so let's get to bed. She said with a smile.

(Yn): Okay, goodnight guys. He said with a smile.

Rias grabbed Issei's arm and left the room with Asia following behind them.

Rio stayed in your room and looked worried. You knew that it was about Kiba.

(Yn): Don't worry, Rio. We'll help Kiba in any way we can. I promise that he will be okay. He says with a smile as he comforts her.

She hugs you and you can hear her sniffling.

Rio: I hope so, (Yn). I'm just worried. She says with a worried tone.

(Yn): I know. I am too, but we can't let that cloud our eyes and get in our way. All we can do is our best and be there for him. He says with a comforting look.