Chapter Twenty-One: Charging into Battle

Start from the beginning

"I know, I'm just waiting on-"

"Hey babe." Lily walks out of the hallway leading to the stairs. She walks forward and gives a Matt a quick peck on the lips. I feel the corners of my lips pull down.

"Oh, look who stayed the night. . . again." Nate smiles suggestively.

Lily blushes, and Matt hits him. Matt turn to Lily. "I was thinking about taking them to The Court. Want to to go?"

Lily smiles. "Sure."

"What's The Court?" Carter asks.

"It's this short side road that has a lot of arcade like games places." Nate tells him. "They have laser tag, an arcade, black light mini golf." Nate lists off places.

"Cool."

"I'm going to grab an apple." Lily says. "I can eat it on the way."

"Okay." Matt kisses her cheek. "I'll leave a note to tell everyone where we are when they finally get up."

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

The Court is close to the outskirts of Red Star territory by the Silver Moon boarder. It was about a thirty minute drive to get there. The first thing we head into is laser tag. At lunch time, we were joined by Marcus, Daric, and Evan. The three seemed to be getting along great. They looked like they were friends since birth and have always been together. I do know that Evan and Daric have met once before and had swapped numbers. It looks like they have kept in contact.

"Who's ready for some mini golf‽" Nate claps his hands as we exit the restaurant.

Matt's face becomes serious in the blink of an eye. "Not us."

I was about to ask when Dad's voice rings in my ears. Rogues by our boarder.

"Does anyone else think it may not be coincidence that we happen to be right by us?" Carter asks as we run to the woods to shift.

"Can't be." I say just before jumping and shifting. Looks like I am going to be fighting some rogues again.

We are all now in our wolf forms as we break into a clearing that is no longer clear. It is filled with wolves: rogues, Red Star warriors, Silver Moon warriors. It's very clear that the rogues will not win, for they will soon be out number at least three to one. Though that may be true, they still put up a hell of a fight.

I charge at the nearest rogue, teeth bared. A wolf I don't recognize is fighting him at the moment. That combined with his scent tells me he must be a Red Star. I tackle the brown rogue. He is a large wolf, but not nearly as large as I have seen. He may be above average, but he definitely isn't at the end of the bell curve.

We do a quick roll before I pin him on his back. His jaw snaps at me, and his claws try to sweep my muzzle. Before he can get very far, I clamp my jaw on his neck and close. I pull back and attempt to spit the fowl tasting rogue blood from my mouth. Even though he shifts back to his human form, I know he is not dead. I didn't use enough force, and I never intended to do so. I used just enough to make his pass out and shift.

The second I know he's taken care of, I move on. I see Carter fighting a red and brown wolf, but he doesn't need any help since he is almost done with him. Daric and Marcus are teaming up against a black wolf. Matt and Nate are together.

I then notice a dark wolf creeping out of the forest. He looks to be heading straight for one of the Silver Moon warriors. I charge at him, my paws thundering under my powerful Alpha wolf. His head snaps in my direction before I reach him. He snarls and growls at me. I bare my teeth and snap at him. We circle for a moment or two before he flings forward to my left front leg. I side step and sink my right claw into his shoulder. He howls in pain. I lean to snap at him with my teeth, but he moves away.