Chapter Nine: Dinner at My Place

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

I am sitting at my couch staring at the phone in my hands. I really have to do this. I know I do. I have put this off long enough; though, for the past few days, I just haven't thought about it. It's an hour before dinner. I have to do to now if I want to do it today. I can't wait until tomorrow. I already feel bad about waiting this long. I take a deep breath and hit the 'call' button. After a few rings, she picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Amanda, um, I- I" I sigh. "Are you able to come over for dinner tonight? I want to let my parent know about you, my mate, and what is going on between us. My mom has been asking me about my mate and if I have found her almost every time I see her, and I feel bad not telling her."

"Um..." I her worry in her voice.

"I'll explain everything to my mom before you get here so she won't ask you questions related to us dating and yada yada."

She lets off a soft chuckle. "Well that's nice, but, uh, I haven't really told my parents. I haven't found a way to do it. I mean, we never really talked about me finding a mate."

"We can tell our parents together! Are you in?"

The line goes quiet for a moment. Finally, Amanda sighs. "Okay, I guess it a good enough way to do this."

"See you in forty-five?" I double check.

"Yeah, sounds good. See you then." The line goes dead.

I stand and scratch my neck. How am I going to explain this to the parents? I take a deep breath before gathering Mom and Dad into the living room. They sit side by side holding hands in the couch while I sit in a chair across from them resting my elbows on my knees. I peek at them one last time before exhaling.

"I found my mate a few days back." I say softly half scared to see Mom's reaction.

She looks over to my father and smiles softly. "I know."

I laugh lightly in relief. "I half expected you to. I just need to explain a few things."

Dad drapes his arm over Mom's shoulders. "Of course."

I nod. "Her name is Amanda Mathews. She is a half wolf." I see my parents exchange a shocked look. "I think her father is Christopher Mathews. I don't know why we don't have record of her or her mother."

"I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason, and I am sure is a wonderful girl." Mom smiles.

I shrug. "I'm not quiet done yet. We talked it over and we are just going to get to know each other for now. We'll be friends for a little while. We agreed that we didn't feel comfortable with love at first sight." I try to give a small laugh to lighten the mood.

A blanket of neutral silence fills the space of paused conversation as they disgust what I have said. Finally, Mom smiles. "I bet she is a lovely girl."

I nod and smile. "She is and, um, you'll get to see soon because-" I scratch my neck. "- I invited her over for dinner tonight."

"Logan Carter," Mom sighs. "Why am I just heading about this? It will totally blow my dinner plans."

I bite back a smile at my mom's melodramatic burst. "I will help you cook tonight Mom."

"You better." I hear her grumble.