Fourteen: Carter

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

<=-{^v^}-=>

As soon as we can, we are moving through the woods following Epiphany. She borrowed some clothes so she wasn't a moving yellow mass that would stick out as much. Right now, we are unorganized as in where n the group we are. The plan is to get close to the camp, but far enough way so they don't notice that we are coming. From there, some scouts will check the area so we know what we are up against and what the best way to attack is.

We younger and still-in-training warriors are sticking together as we wait. Anna is with us, she is the only in-training-girl who came. Her dad is a tracker and scout, so he went to check out the rogues.

Sooner than usual, the scouts sprint back into camp. Final plans are made, and we are ready to move.

There will be three waves and nine groups. Each wave has three groups surrounding the area. The first wave goes in and attacks. The second wave will go in after, but two groups will break off into the building to find Daric and any other prisoners. Finally, the third wave will enter. If any help is needed on the inside, a group from this wave will enter, too. It is this last wave that the still-in-training warriors will be.

We all shift before heading out.

Logan was put in charge of the in-training group, so we all follow his lead. We hide out in the trees as the first wave goes in.

Twenty rogues on this side. Logan reports.

We got five. Gamma Stu reports from his side.

Four. Alpha Max quickly answers.

The areas with few rogues are quickly dealt with, and some of those warriors move to the dense area.

Wave three, rotate to position three. Alpha Max orders.

Position three means our group will be moving to the back, an the other two groups will be moving to close to our position.

As we begin to move, wave two enters with a concentration of the heavily packed rogue area. More rogues are moving out of the buildings.

Group two is under attack! Dad directs at Logan and me.

Logan stops us. Mike, you are now in charge of this group. Rank one warriors come with me.

The rank one warriors, aka the top ranked in-training warriors, step out of the group. It ends up being a big pots ion of the group, so Logan sends some back including Anna. From there, we quickly split off. Mike takes his group to the original spot while Logan and I take ours to Dad.

We get there, and each warrior is fighting a rogue or even two. Two rogue bodies lay in the ground along with one of ours. I pray that he is only unconscious before helping out in the fight.

I scratch this first rogue I get to in the ribs as he is distracted by a warrior. He howls in pain and turns to growl at me. Before anything else can happen, a warrior crushes the rogues neck between his jaws.

It takes a little while, we finish off the last of the rogues. When we get back to the building, all groups are fighting -- albeit the in-training group is in the back and mostly out of the way.

In a few minutes, the rogues have run thin. Many flee to live another day. The other stubborn ones are taken care of quickly. It isn't long before warriors are exiting the building with people bruised, cut, and covered in filth following. People quickly shift back and put on some clothing.

The last people to exit are a blood covered Alpha Max as he limps. Over his shoulder is the arm of Daric. Daric is practically purple and red. He is covered in bruises and cuts. Most of his face is swollen and drops of blood drip from his finger tips.

I hear a gasp from next to me. Anna has her hand over her mouth. Her eyes look glassy. Logan's face his hard. You can see the pain and relief in his eyes.

Alpha Max and Daric walk up to our group.

"Henrick is dead." Alpha Max announce with no preamble.

Anna attacks Dric into a hug. Her face is pushed into his chest by his hand and his forehead rests on top of her head. Her arms crawl up his back to his shoulders.

They stay there for a minute as the situation is reported to Alpha Max. A moment after it is started, Anna moves back, and Logan moves over to take some of Daric's weight.

It isn't long before we are heading home with only slightly diminished numbers. However, many were injured so it is a long journey home.

<=-{^v^}-=>

A/N: A thanks to the two of you who are still reading! We are almost done if you haven't guessed.

Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you are trumpet player and understand my troubles during band class where the directors only pick on you.

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~