Whispers

Note: Zorii has colorful language. You've been warned. 😂😂

"Come on Rey, just a little further"

"Hold on" Rey stops to catch her breath. This is ridiculous. She can use the force to leap over large crevices but she can't run 5 miles without her heart trying to give out.

Her Force skills are still on point but she is determined to get back in the physical shape she was in just a few years ago.

Zorii is the epitome of fit. Her new friend is in perfect shape and it's maddening. She is also a drill sergeant when it comes to exercise. Rey looks up to see her friend still jogging in place.

Hell, no wonder Poe is so damn happy. LOOK at her. She shakes her head.

"What?" Zorii asks.

"Nothing. It's just, damn Zorii, I wish I looked like you"

"You can't whine if you won't work harder"

"Yeah, well, screw you" giving Zorii a rude hand gesture.

Zorii laughed and takes off running again.

"Come on Jedi girl!! Kick ass!!"

"Yeah yeah, where's my saber when I need it?" she mutters as she starts running again.

"I HEARD THAT!!"

"GOOD!!"

Afterwards they are chugging water. Rey's entire body hurts.

"Rey, you are beautiful, quit beating yourself up. You've still got it, you've just got to find it again. You'll pay me back when we train with the staff"

"I plan to. Thanks for the compliment though"

"I know you wish there was a way to train with the saber. But I don't need to lose an arm. Or a head. So there's only two sabers now? Yours and his? I thought you had to build your own saber"

"Kyber crystals are nearly impossible to find now. One day Ben and I plan to go hunting for all the crystals. They are mostly hidden away in trading posts. We plan to locate them all. Then I can build my own and he can build a new one"

"Oh yes, that's right. The infamous Kylo Ren saber. Where is it?"

"He tossed it in the ocean when he decided to come after me"

Rey smiles slightly. That revelation had shook her to her core back when he told her. He tossed Kylo and Kylo's saber. For her.

"Damn girl. Don't you ever talk at me with no confidence in who you are. You are the bitch. You fucked that man all up"

Rey stammers at this.

"Yes, I guess I see your point. I did fuck him up" she turns red again and then laughs.

Zorii tips her water bottle at Rey, shooting her a side eye.

"Fucked him up and then just plain fucked him"

"ZORII!!!" Rey yells, throwing her empty water bottle at her new friend.

Zorii winks "You better get used to me girl. Fucking is my favorite subject and you better get used to telling me all your secrets. Me and the squad love sex secrets"

Rey burys her red face in her hands, laughing so hard she can't breathe. She'd never had girlfriends. Her only friends up until now were men. This is vastly different. This is fun.

"So, enough about that. Finish your saber story. So you and Ben use old sabers?"

"Well actually it's Luke's and Leia's sabers"