Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

I couldn't believe that we were going to miss first period. I guess I was so used to Lance or Roman coming in and waking us up that I overslept. It just goes to show how much I depend on them. I guess I should start trying to wake up on my own now.

~ Day Two ~

"Ares, what the hell?!" Max yelled as he saw the fire that was now starting in the kitchen. Lucas had pulled me away towards the door and we were now watching from afar as Ares tried to put out the fire.

I coughed a little as the smoke was starting to get into my lungs. I opened the window next to us and sighed in relief when I could breathe some fresh air.

"I don't know it just started burning!" Ares complained and Max gave a yell of frustration before running somewhere and coming back with a fire extinguisher.

Once the fire was put out, Ares let out a sigh of relief while Max was still glaring at him.

"You know you aren't allowed in the kitchen! What the hell compelled you to start using the stove?!" He exclaimed and Ares huffed.

"I was hungry! You and Lucas were doing homework and Ceres doesn't know how to cook either, what was I supposed to do? Starve?" He asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe try making a sandwich or something that doesn't require fire!" Max retorted and just heaved an irritable sigh.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I wish Kade were here...at least he wouldn't try to set us on fire" Max grumbled.

Surprisingly, Lucas let out a chuckle and I looked up at him.

"He's going to be saying that about the others soon too. I don't think these two can last long without them" Lucas said and I sighed.

Can we not have one peaceful day around here?

~ Day Three ~

"NOOOO!"

I jumped at the sound of a high pitched yell that was coming from downstairs. What in the world was going on now?

I walked down the stairs and in the laundry room, I saw Kade on the ground with tears in his eyes as clothes was pooled around him.

"Kade...?" I said as I carefully stepped around the clothes to make my way over to Kade. His sniffles were loud and I frowned when seeing him holding a red shirt and and a pair of red socks in his hand.

"I knew I shouldn't have asked that simpleton to put some clothes in the damn washer...why did I ever do something so stupid?" Kade said and I had now noticed that all of the clothes around us were pink.

"I want Roman back! This is so stupid! This wouldn't have happened if he were here!" Kade whined. I sighed and reached out to give Kade's head a few good rubs.

"It's alright. They're just clothes so it doesn't matter what color they are, right? Everything is fine" I said while continuing to pat Kade's head and thankfully, it seemed to be calming him down.

"Honey...you're gonna make me cry even more if you keep being so kind to me" Kade said and his face reminded me of this emoji that Diana often used in our text messages.

I simply smiled and just nodded.

"You're not upset anymore, are you?" I asked and Kade sighed.

"I guess not" he said and I nodded.

"Then everything is fine. Here, I'll help you pick everything up" I said before bending down and beginning to pick up the scattered clothes.

~ Day Four ~