Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

Putting the tiny green colored hair pin in her hair, she smiled at her reflection before grabbing her tiny frog backpack that had her phone, money, and keys before heading downstairs. When reaching downstairs, only Kade and Ares were in the living room and Kade was the first to notice her.

When seeing Ceres dressed and ready to go somewhere, Kade furrowed his brow in confusion.

"Hey, Honey. Where are you going?" Kade asked and Ceres gave him a small smile.

"Out with Diana" She said and he nodded. Ceres gave a mental sigh of relief when he didn't question anything but from the corner of her eye, she could see Ares eyeing her.

"You look...cute" Ares said slowly. He had immediately noticed the changes in Ceres' appearance, even if they were small. Ceres rarely wore things like accessories and one would normally think that she's wearing it since it's a gift, but Ares knew better. She would probably put the pin in a safe place or something of the sort.

And the blouse she was wearing was one he had never seen her wear before. It didn't take Ares long to figure that she wasn't telling the whole truth.

"Thank you..." Ceres said and Ares definitely didn't miss the twitch of her lips that seemed to want to smile at his compliment.

Ares watched as Ceres left out of the house and immediately after, Lance came rushing down the stairs.

Ares had never seen Lance rush for anything in his life. Lance was always calm, cool, and collected. The world could shatter before his eyes and Lance wouldn't break a sweat. So Ares was greatly bothered by the panicked look on his oldest brother's face.

"You two get up right now and go follow her" He said and Kade's face was the embodiment of confusion while Ares just gave him an eyebrow.

"What's gotten into you?" Kade asked as he stood up.

"Ceres is going on a date" Lance said and it was like time had stopped for Kade.

His ears twitched and Kade could swear he was hearing white noise. He rubbed his ears before asking Lance to repeat himself.

"You heard me, go before she gets too far! Ares, keep Kade in check" Lance said as he pushed the two towards the door.

"Hey! I'm still in my PJ's here! Why can't you go?" Ares complained as Lance had basically put his coat on for him.

"Because, it won't look good if I go. Besides, I have...things to do" Lance said and Ares glared at the lame excuse.

"And why in the hell do you think it's a good idea for Kade to go? Wait, where did he go?" Ares questioned as he noticed Kade was missing.

"Kade is the perfect person to take, he'll be able to prevent anything from happening. Just make sure he doesn't go too far, okay? Also, he's already gone. You're getting left behind!" Lance said before giving one final push and shoving Ares out of the door.

~At the mall~

"Dude...you're attracting attention..." Ares said as he adjusted the sunglasses and mask on his face. They were apart of his disguise so that Ceres wouldn't notice them. Kade was also wearing a pair of sunglasses and a mask but he also had a hat on his head for further security.

The ticking time bomb in Kade was counting down slowly as he muttered things to himself and people who were passing by couldn't help but stare when feeling the murderous aura coming from Kade.

"I can't believe she lied to me...because of this kid! If he thinks he's going to make it out of here alive, haha, he has another thing coming..."