a drive and a forest pt.1

a hint of prinxiety not full make out shit but some jabs of it.

Janus fighting Virgil.

Virgil's pov///

I knew his plan. I knew what he wanted. He doesn't deserve it though.

I woke up got dressed, it was about 11, I stumbled to the kitchen. I could feel my past clawing at my back. I knew it was soon. I'm sure the wedding will be a disaster tommorow. He'll show up. I can feel his intentions.

I must have been dazing out while pouring my cereal. Patton was in the kitchen. Milk was over flowing the bowl I filled. "Shit shit shit."He moved my hand setting it on the counter. He handed me the paper towels and went to flip his pancakes.

"Kiddo you need to be getting more sleep." He said simply. "Are you doing alright. Thomas has been talking the meds they should be helping you sleep at least a little better." He says looking back at me pouring some of the milk into the sink and going back to wipe the counter and floor.

"I ... Just -- there's something on my mind." I say wiping it down soaking up the milk.

"Well spill," He giggles at his pun.

I hop up on the counter sitting on top. I throw the paper towels in the trash picking up my bowl.

"It's ... Thomas just knows about me ya know being... One of ..." I drift off my words.

"Them? Vee, trust me when I say that doesn't make him see you much differently. I am his emotions practically," he turns to me a hand on his hip. "That little bit that changed its more of a ... Understanding where your coming from. At the time he didn't know but if he can get to like you... Maybe the others aren't bad like we think. It doesn't change how he sees you it changes how he sees the darksides." He says turning back around and placing the fresh pancakes on a plate. As I finish my cereal.

This explanation didn't put me at ease. "That's exactly what I don't want to happen," I say under my breath. He must have heard me but before he said anything I hop off the counter. "Yo Logan!" I say from the kitchen I hear him in his office downstairs get up and go to the door. I place the bowl in the sink.

I walk into the living room, "I need the car keys do you know where they are?" He nods taking them out of his pocket.

"I'm only gonna let you go if you bring one of us though. Choose your fighter." He pitched the keys to me.

"Nice game reference, have you been studying?" I say walking to the stairs.

"I actually have, thanks for noticing." He waves to go back into his office.

I walk up the stairs to go to my room and switch my jackets. I grab my potion bottle for the darksides. I place it in my pocket. Walking out and knocking on romans room, walking in.

"Wakey wakey princey," I say gabbing his covers. "We have an adventure today." He sits up excited rubbing his eyes.

"What are we doing?" He says getting off his bed as I lay down on his bed so he can get dressed. It takes him a minute. "Oh ... Your wearing that jacket... So there huh?"

"Yep there. Your not coming in today so you don't have to worry about the drink." I sigh. "Or seeing them."

"Wanna talk about why your going?" He says I hear him start to lake up his long leather boots.

"I .. theres a reason... and there's a gut feeling... I'm worried." He laughs.

"When are you not worried ya emo." I hear him start brushing his hair so I figured it was alright for me to look. I sat up. "But if you have this gut feeling, might as well check it out. Also if you don't mind I've been meaning to collect some of those burnt soot sticks. They are good for mixing with blood to lure dragon witches." He says turning to me. "Do I look presentable?"

"Well you are a present..." I pause letting him think that was it. "of a pain in the ass. If that's what your asking?" I smirk at him. He huffs. "Yes, you look fine, now are we ready to go or do you need a bag or whatever for those sticks?" He nods grabbing two big jars.

"Aww you think I'm fine~" he rolls his eyebrows.

"I'm beginning to think you like my old jacket better than my new my one." I joke back. Jumping up I walk out and downstairs having Roman follow behind me. Patton stops me at the doorway.

"Are you on your way to their house?" He asks. I nod he hands me a tub of cookies. "Bring this too them, and make sure that they get them and Roman doesn't eat them all on the way there." He laughs. I can sence he's uncomfortable. I nod taking the tub.

"Okay pat will do. We will be back around.. three-ish. If you don't see us by five, get Thomas to summon us." I tried to say it without too much worry as to not scare him. Roman had head out the door and too the car already I unlock it before he gets there. I walk out the door waving at Patton bye as I close it shut.

Roman was in the passenger seat on his phone most likely getting music prepared.

I get in the driver's seat handing him the cookies which he put in the floor board on his side. I put the key in turning it all the way as he plugs his phone into the port.

I start backing out of our driveway. We lived mostly in a forest but there was one road that led down to the darksides part of Thomas's mind. Where they lived. They lived in a house much like ours but it was molding and breaking down.  The shutters falling off.

"Hey you don't mind listening too Beetlejuice the musical right? I just downloaded it." He says looking for approval. 

"Sure, I've listened to the whole thing it's really good," I say turning up the volume on the stereo because I know both me and Roman like the music loud.

It was a lengthy but drive out of our part of the forest. Once I saw the soot I put my foot on the break. Shifting the car into park. I pause the music.

"I know I said you wouldn't have to take it but. Put two drops under your tounge just incase." I say handing him the bottle. He groans knowing that the taste and feeling of it would be different.

He hands the bottle back after putting be some drops on. "You know when I said an adventure?"

"Yeah, bud are you alright there chemically imbalanced romance?" He looked concerned. "I know I haven't been invited on one of these rides but..."

"I ... I can't keep being on the lightsides fully all the time if I stay with you all for too long, Thomas's anxiety will lessen to a state where I'll start to fade. So every now and then I have to cross this line without the drops like you guys need," I turn to him. "I act differently when I cross so just don't ... Do you wanna drive the rest of the way?" He nods.

We both get out I going around the back of the car and him going around the front. We get in closing the doors and buckling up.

He looks at me. "You sure you don't have anything to say before we cross."

"I will be lying. And I will have a layered voice. If I Target you I'm sorry in advance." Roman was worried. I could feel it. I also understand why. "After a few minutes it might calm down. That's what it usually does,"

"Okay here we go." He puts the car in gear

.(part two coming soon hope you enjoyed)I'm fuck in g tired bruh)