There was a knock at the bedroom door and Kai opened it, having heard Calix's crying from the hallway. He almost never cried, and it was concerning his Beta.

Kegan snarled at her as soon as she opened the door. No one got to see his mate at a weak point except for him.

Kai instantly lifted her hands in surrender and left the room, shutting the door behind her.

"You're okay, you didn't do anything wrong," Kegan murmured, brushing his fingers through Calix's hair to calm him down.

Calix pulled away with puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. "You deserve better than me," he said, resting his forehead on Kegan's shoulder.

"Look at me," Kegan commanded angrily. "Please look at me."

Calix obeyed flinching when Kegan reached for his face, before relaxing in his grasp. He closed his eyes as Kegan wiped his tears away, the pair falling into silence.

"No one else has ever protected me before," Kegan said, making Calix open his red, watery eyes. "I don't want anyone else."

"Really?" Calix asked in disbelief, shocked that his timid, scared mate would say something like that.

Kegan didn't answer, instead pressing his lips to Calix's, slotting them together. He knew Calix was surprised, but the Alpha kissed him right back, matching his passion and dominating the intimate action.

Calix pressed his tongue into Kegan's mouth, feeling his mate start to pant and hold tighter onto him. When they finally broke their kiss, Calix rested their foreheads together.

"I don't want anyone else," Kegan said once again, climbing into Calix's lap and kissing him once again. "I just want you."

Calix broke their kiss, grabbing Kegan's shoulders and looking into his eyes. "You're not just kissing me because I was crying, right?"

Kegan shook his head. "No... sort of?"

"Just because I'm upset doesn't mean that you have to kiss me, you know that?"

"It's not because you were crying," Kegan said. "It's the fact that you were willing to cry over me. Like... I feel like I've just realized that your kindness isn't just an act and you actually care."

Calix's face broke into a grin, despite the tears still on his face and he pressed their lips back together. He growled possessively against Kegan's lips, making the latter whimper and bare his neck.

The action made Calix groan and flip Kegan and himself over so he was towering over the Omega. He lowered his head to Kegan's neck and began to kiss along the flesh, making Kegan pant and breathe heavily beneath him, the panting only getting heavier as Calix started to run his hands along Kegan's chest over his shirt.

"C-Calix," Kegan whimpered, instinctively spreading his legs and arching his back into his Alpha's touch. He froze when Calix pressed into him harder reaching his hand underneath Kegan's shirt. "W-Wait!"

Calix instantly rolled off of him, eyes wide with concern. "What? Are you okay?!" he asked, noticing how scared Kegan suddenly looked.

"I... I'm not ready to... I'm not ready to have sex yet," Kegan said, making Calix chuckle.

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it," Calix said, pressing their lips together once again. "Neither of us is ready."

Kegan nodded in agreement. "Okay, I just didn't want to accidentally lead you on," he said, sounding embarrassed.

"Hey," Calix said, making eye contact with his mate. "Even if we're about to and you want to stop, you tell me, got it? I don't care if my dick is harder that a piece of steel. If you don't want to do something, tell me and we'll stop."

Kegan was surprised that Calix was so patient and cared so much about how comfortable he was, but he loved it. He nodded in agreement, before grabbing Calix's hair and running his fingers through the soft strands.

"Can we take a nap?" Kegan asked, looking at the clock.

It was still early in the afternoon and no one else was home. Besides, both were exhausted from crying and the stress over talking about Kegan's past.

Calix nodded, mind linking Kai to wake him up when it was time for dinner if she needed help since Lys wouldn't be home.

"Sounds good to me," Calix mumbled, laying on his side and pulling Kegan to his chest.

Kegan hummed and pressed his nose into Calix's chest and then his neck, nibbling on the skin.

"Damn, I cry in front of you and now you're being ambitious," Calix mumbled, trying to keep Zakai under control. "Stop or I'll... I'll do something."

"Okay," Kegan said, continuing to lick and suck on Calix's throat, taking in his scent and leaving his own behind. "Can I scent you?"

"What happened to our nap?"

"You can sleep," Kegan mumbled, hating that he hadn't gotten permission to scent his Alpha.

He knew in his old packs that scenting an Alpha was never acceptable, but he figured Calix would be okay with it, since the Blood Moon pack was more modernized. In fact, Kegan has smelled Astra's scent all over Kai, so he knew it wasn't unacceptable, but he didn't feel okay doing it without permission.

"Well, go on then," Calix mumbled, laying down on his back and closing his eyes, tilting his head back and exposing his neck.

Kegan grinned at the permission and began to scent his Alpha, finally feeling comfortable around his mate.