Vol. 6 Ch. 40 Looking Towards The Future

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Jaune waiting to use the restroom)

After everything that happened with Jinn, Ozpin, and the Apathy Grimm, we finally arrived in Argus. We were standing outside of the gates to the Atlesian Military base on the island off the coast of Argus. Yang put her hands on the bars of the gate to speak to the guards and said, "Come on! You didn't even hear us out!" One guard said, "Our orders are clear: The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!" Then the other guard said, "Please!" Then the first one said, "Have a good day!" Yang replied, "But─" Both of the guards cut her off and said, "A good day!!"

Then Qrow said, "Hey, if you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood─" The guards corrected him and said, "General Ironwood!" Qrow continued, "Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely." Weiss looked down with reluctance upon hearing Qrow say that. Then I remembered something and said, "And I am Y/N Xiao Long. I'm Weiss' boyfri─I mean fiancé."

The two guards look to each other before turning their attention back to the group and said, "Approach!" Weiss and I shared look with Blake and Yang, who both just shrugged. Weiss and I then walked up to the gate and the two guards stepped up and bent down to inspect us. After a moment, both guards stood straight back up and said, "Very well!" Then the second one said, "You may speak with our commanding officer!" The first guard added, "We will fetch her at once!" The two guards turned around in sync, and chanted "Hup hup hup" and "Atlas Atlas Atlas" as they ran to get their superior.

Weiss turned to me and said, "Since when are we engaged?" I sighed and said, "Well, I was going to wait until later, but I guess now is best." Weiss looked at me confused as I pulled a small box out of my pocket. I looked at her and said, "I know this is kinda out of the blue, but Weiss Schnee, will you marry me?" Weiss hugged me and said, "Of course, I will, you dolt!" I put the ring on her finger and we went back to waiting for whoever the commanding officer was. After a few minutes, the commanding officer finally showed up.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Zwei chasing Chibi Roman)

Cordovin sighed and said, "If Ms. Schnee wishes to have safe passage to Atlas, then we'd be more than happy to accommodate her. However I can not say the same for their companions. Besides, I think Ms. Schnee could do much better with someone else, wouldn't you all agree?" The guards replied, "Yes, ma'am!!" Weiss and I just stood there in shock and said, "Huh?!" I clinched my fists in rage and said, "But Weiss and I are already engaged, and I love her more than anything!"

Weiss smiled and Cordovin replied, "Oh please, a lady such as Ms. Schnee would surely prefer a man with a much more mature and refined personality, rather than an annoying hot head such as you." I lost it and said, "Who are you calling hot head, you crazy lady?!" I went to retaliate more, but Weiss held me back and said, "Either my friends, my fiancé, and I go together, or not at all." Then Cordovin said, "Then we're done here." The gates then shut quickly. I sighed and went back to the house.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and its little surprise.
Master out.