Vol. 2 Ch. 13 Asking Her

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Ruby riding Chibi Zwei)

I went over to Weiss and said, "Weiss, sorry to interrupt your studying. But when you have a second, may I ask you something?" Weiss held up a finger for me to wait a moment, which I respectfully did. When she finished the part she was on, she looked up at me and said, "Okay, Y/N, what do you want?" I smiled and said, "I want t─"

I was cut off by Yang entering the room and saying, "I think that I finally convinced Blake to come to the dance!" I groaned internally and Yang asked, "Oh, was I interrupting something?" Weiss crossed her arms and said, "Yes, I think you were." She turned to me and said, "Now, Y/N, what was it you were going to ask?" I sighed and said, "It's nothing, nevermind." Then I walked out of the dorm and headed to the roof.

I saw Pyrrha and Jaune training. They finished and shared a quick kiss. When they pulled apart, Jaune noticed me and said, "Oh hey, Y/N!" I smiled weakly and said, "Hey, Jaune. Hey, Pyrrha. I didn't mean to interrupt. I'll go somewhere else." Pyrrha spoke up and said, "Wait, Y/N, I've known you long enough to tell that something is bothering you. What is it?" I sighed and said, "It's Weiss. I'm completely head-over-heels for her, and she won't even give me a chance. She's cold, but she's also incredible. She's smart, and graceful, and talented. I mean, have you heard her sing? I-I just wish she'd take me seriously, y'know? I wish I could tell her how I feel without messing it all up." Pyrrha replied, "Then do it."

I raised an eyebrow and said, "Uh, wha?" Pyrrha walked over to me, placed her hand on my shoulder, and said, "Tell her exactly what you said. No ridiculous schemes, no crazy puns, no pick-up lines. Just... be honest." I replied, "But what if I─" Pyrrha cut me off and said, smiling, "Y/N, you can't get it wrong if it's the truth." I smiled and said, "You're right. Thanks, Pyrrha!"

I went to a nearby flower shop and got some nice white roses. I was walking through Beacon, but I stopped at the entrance of a hallway when I heard the sound of a certain voice, causing me to duck behind the columns outside. It was Weiss and she called out, "Neptune!" She walked past me as I peeked around the corner and she went up to Neptune. Neptune turned to her and said, "Oh, uh, hey, what's up?" Weiss replied, "I know this is a little unorthodox, but... I wanted to ask you something." She put her hands behind her back, trying to look innocent as I dropped my smile and recoiled at what she said next. Weiss said, "Would you... like to accompany me to the dance tomorrow?"

While Neptune rubbed the back of his head and smiled with raised eyebrows, I felt all of my confidence dissappear. I dropped the rose on the ground before walking back from where I came from, feeling defeated. I got back to the dorm and crashed onto my bed in despair. Yang noticed and said, "Is everything alright, Y/N?" I replied, "Yes, I'm fine!" Then I went to sleep.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.