Vol. 3 Ch. 28 Aftermath

Ruby's POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Zwei chasing Chibi Cinder)

I woke up and looked over to see Dad asleep in a chair. I sat up and sighed quietly, causing Dad to stir awake. He saw that I was awake and said, "Ruby!" He got up, ran to kneel by my bed, and said, "You're awake!" I held my head and said, "Ugh... what happened?" Dad replied, "Your uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you out of there, though, and brought you home safe."

I looked down in thought for a split second, then back at Dad, and said, "Wait! Yang! Y/N! Are they alright!?" Dad replied, "Uh... Yang's uh... Yang's gonna be alright. I think she's just... I think it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to things. She's too strong to let this stop her." He covered his eyes for a moment, sniffling, then looked up, smiling and said, "I'm just glad to have my kids back at home." I asked, "What about Y/N?" My dad sighed and said, "Unfortunately, your brother has been in a coma since the attack on Beacon. Honestly, I was wondering which one of you two would wake up first."

I nodded and said, "What happened to the school?! And Vale?! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?" Dad replied, "Things at Vale are under control, but the school... It's... it's not that simple. That thing, whatever it is, doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong, you did a number on it. But it's not disappearing. It's... kind of... frozen. I know that doesn't sound too bad, but it keeps attracting more Grimm to the school." I tilted my head and said, "I did... what?" Dad replied, "Hmm?" I said, "You said I did a number on it. What do you mean?" He replied, "I... Look that's not important right now. We can talk about it later. Things are just... kind of a mess." I heard a voice say from the doorway, "It's always a mess." Dad and I looked to see Uncle Qrow suddenly standing in the room, near the door. He finished off the contents of his flask before continuing, "Mind if we have a minute?" Dad replied, "What, I can't stay here?!" Qrow replied, "Tai. Please." Dad stood up, sighed, and then leaned in to kiss me on the forehead. He said, "I'm glad you're alright. I'll go make us some tea." Then Dad left the room.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Nora eating all of the pancakes again)

Yang was sitting alone in her bedroom, staring out a window. Her remaining piece of Ember Celica resting on the nightstand next to the bed. I stood in the doorway and said, "Yang?" I waited for a moment, but when I received no response from Yang, I turned to leave, but heard Yang reply, "Ruby." I turned back around, and Yang turned her head to look at me, tears now in her eyes. I ran over, hugged her, and said, "I'm so glad you're okay!" Yang replied, "But I'm not." I frowned and released the hug.

Then Yang said, "It's all gone─the school, Penny, Pyrrha, and..." She looks at her severed arm. I asked, "Yang, where are Weiss and Blake?" She replied, "Weiss' father... came for her." I asked, "What? What do you mean?" Yang replied, "No one outside of Vale knows what happened here. Before the tower fell, the last thing people saw was Atlas attacking innocent people and Grimm destroying the city. Everyone's scared. No one knows who to trust. So, Weiss' father came to take her back to Atlas, where he thinks it's safe. She's gone." I asked, "Well, what about─"

Yang cut me off and said, "And Blake ran! Sun saw her go. After we got to the city, she just... ran!" I asked, "But... why!?" She replied, "I don't know... and I don't care." I said, "There has to be a reason she─" Yang cut me off again and said, "No, there doesn't! Sometimes bad things just happen, Ruby!" I asked, "So, what do we do now?" Yang replied, "You can do whatever you want. I'm gonna lie here." I said, "Yang..." She replied, "Just leave me alone." I slowly left the room, but I paused in the doorway, looking over my shoulder to say one last thing to my sister, "I love you."

Then I left the room and went downstairs. I found Dad and asked him, "Can I see Y/N?" He sighed and said, "Of course, he's in his room." I nodded and went upstairs to my older brother's room. I opened the door and saw Y/N lying on his bed. He looked like he was dead asleep and his skin was kinda pale. I went over to him, held his hand, and said, "Hey, bro. I don't know if you can hear me, but it's me, Ruby. I finally woke up. I miss you and I'm pretty sure Yang does too. Dad also misses you."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.