Vol. 2 Ch. 14 The Dance

Your POV

I sighed as I put on my suit for the dance. Weiss, the one girl that I had feelings for was going to the dance with someone else. But Yang and Ruby had insisted that I should still go to the dance and try to enjoy myself. I walked into the ballroom and Yang said, "Y/N! You made it!" I rolled my eyes and said reluctantly, "Yes, I'm here. I get to watch other couples dance while I sit in the corner, pitying myself. Lucky, lonely me." I walked off over to the punch bowl and got a glass to drink.

After Yang and Blake finished their dance, Ruby walked over to me, placed her hand on my shoulder, and said, "Hey, bro. I'm sorry that Weiss rejected you to the dance." I sighed and said, "Technically, she didn't. When I was going to ask her, she ran up to Neptune and asked him. I knew that he probably had a better chance than I would, so I walked away. Besides, I get why she went with him."

Ruby looked at me and said, "What do you mean?" I replied, "Well, come on, not many people can pull off blue hair." Then I took a sip of my punch and Ruby said, "No, I mean, Weiss came to the dance alone." I did a spit take and said, "Uh, what?" Ruby replied, Yeah, she said that she had too much to focus on to worry about boys." I handed her my punch and said, "Here, you can have my punch. There's something that I need to do."

I walked off to the balcony for a second and heard someone walk towards me. I turned and saw Neptune walking onto the balcony. He gestured toward me and said, "Hey, uh, Y/N, right?" I sighed and replied, "Yup." Neptune said, "This party's pretty lame, huh? I mean, ballroom dancing. Pfft." I replied, "Yup." I looked back out over the balcony. Neptune gestured back to the dance and said, "Cute girls, though, huh?"

I growled as I turned back to Neptune and asked, "Is that all you think about?" Neptune replied, "Huh?" I asked him, "Do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How they feel about you?" Neptune took a step back and said, "Whoa! Where's this coming from?" I groaned and said, "How could you just turn her down like that?" Neptune asked, "Wait, h-who?" I answered him, annoyed, "Weiss!" Neptune replied, "I, uh... it, uh... it just didn't work out, you know?" I looked at him shocked and said, "What? You think that you're too cool, too many other options? Weiss Schnee asked you to the dance. What in the world could possibly keep you from go─"

Neptune looked shamefully at the ground and said, "I can't dance!" I looked at him calmly and said, "Come again?" Neptune replied again, "I can't dance, man!" I rolled my eyes and said, "You would rather break a girl's heart and go to a dance alone than just admit to everyone that you can't move in rhythm to music?" Neptune replied, "That about sums it up, yeah." Turning back to the balcony, I said, "Well, I certainly feel a lot better about myself." Neptune raised his palms and said, "Please don't tell anybody. Look, if you want Weiss, she's all yours. I don't wanna get in your way." I turned to Neptune and said, "I'll go ask her to dance. If Weiss turns me down, she's all yours." He nodded and said, "Alright, and Y/N, you're a great guy."

I went back inside to the dance and found Weiss trying to straighten some flowers. I walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around, saw me, and said, "Oh, hey, Y/N. What do you want?" I smiled warmly and said, "I noticed that you were alone at this wonderful dance. So I wanted to ask you if you'd like to dance with me?" Weiss looked taken aback and said, "I'd thought you'd never ask." I took her hand and led her to the dance floor.

A slow paced song came on as we reached the dance floor. I placed my hand on Weiss' waist and held her hand in my other hand. We began to dance in sync with each other. Weiss looked at me and said, "Hey, Y/N. Can I ask you something?" I smiled and said, "Anything you want, Weiss." She asked, "Why didn't you ask me to the dance in the first place?" I sighed and said, "I was going to, but then I saw you approach Neptune. So I lost my confidence." Weiss nodded and said, "Well, I wish you would've still asked me." I looked at her shocked and said, "Really?" She nodded and we continued to slow dance.

As we were dancing so perfectly together, Weiss and I started to slowly lean in closer to each other. Eventually, our lips made contact and we both shared a passionate kiss together. When we pulled away, Weiss said, "Y/N, I know that I may be bossy and mean to you at times, but I've grown feelings for you." I smiled and said, "I have as well. So Weiss, will you finally go out with me?" She smiled and said, "Yes. I will." Then we both shared another wonderful kiss and danced the rest of the night. At one point, Team JNPR danced in perfect sync with each other and it was amazing.

(A/N: Pretend Jaune is wearing a suit, not the dress)

After the dance was over, we went back to the dorm, holding hands. When we got there, Weiss said, "Hey, Y/N. Since we're dating now, would you like to share my bed?" I raised an eyebrow and asked, "Is Weiss Schnee asking me to sleep with her?" She rolled her eyes and said, "Of course, I am, you dolt!" I smirked and said, "But I'm your dolt. And to answer your question, I'd love to. I'm going to get changed in the bathroom while you change out here." Weiss nodded and said, "Okay." I got changed into a pair of shorts and waited for Weiss to give me the all clear.

Once she did, I exited the bathroom and crawled into her bed. Weiss laid next to me and laid her head on my bare chest. I kissed her forehead and said, "Goodnight, Snowflake." She smiled and said, "Goodnight, Y/N." Then we both fell asleep together. My last thought before I drifted to sleep was, I finally got the Ice Queen to date me. Mission Accomplished.

I hope you all enjoyed this somewhat long chapter.
Master out.