Chapter Fourteen: Soon

Ajayi

____________________________________________________________

We are going on a date. I could not stop the smile coming across my face. Akshay has been nothing but magnificent to me. He is always behind me, watching my step and not letting anyone get too close.

I could not wait to spend some time alone with my husband. That is right Akshay is officially my husband.

It was just him and I at the courthouse, mama and papa G as our witnesses. I did not want a reception, just something small and special between us.

He granted my every wish except for my wedding ring. We agreed to pay for each other's ring and not to show them until our wedding day, July 29.

We both agreed on rose gold since it is my favorite and I found him the perfect ring. It was a rose gold band with seven diamonds in the middle with three small bands on each side of the diamonds.

It was simple yet perfect for my dominant. I told him that I wanted something simple, not to get me anything outrageous.

Even without Akshay's money, I have a little money behind me but I just like to live simple and not try to show off.

He absolutely ignored me and bought the biggest diamond ring I have seen in real life and not just through pictures on celebrities.

It makes me feel like a woman sometimes, the style of it but I love my ring because it is from my husband.

The band was rose gold with small diamonds inside but the center is twenty carats, which makes the ring heavy but I never take my ring off.

When he first got the ring from papa G, I refused to take it. However, after a stare down and promise of a punishment later for disobeying him, Akshay slid the ring on my hand.

We have only been married for three months, but it feels like years. I feel as if I am married to my best friend.

I am not comparing him to Angela, she is not my best friends any longer. She felt betrayed I did not invite her to be my witness.

I tried to make her understand, but I refuse to apologize for wanting it to be the two people he trust the most and us.

John understood when Akshay told him and congratulated us. Benji, sweet Benji eyes watered and he hugged me, congratulating us.

His eyes when he saw my ring was hilarious, they looked as if they were going to pop out of his head.

Arms wrapping around my waist brought me out of my little flash back and I look up to see my husband smiling at me.

"What has you smiling with that faraway look on your face pretty baby?" I smiled, I could never get tired of that nickname.