"Do you want anything to drink? Chai?" I turned around to face him.

He was walking towards his kitchen, as both dogs followed him. 

Wow, Monty didn't even think to look at me. How rude.

As Jai was busy taking out a saucepan and the ingredients, I entered into the kitchen. 

"Thanks for making me lose my shit when I couldn't find Monty." I crossed my arms gave him a smug look, but he didn't see it. 

"And how did you even get into my apartment and get my phone number?" Jai was continuing to make the chai as I was waiting for his response.

With only silence filling the atmosphere,

I didn't realize it, 

but I began staring at him. 

The way his side profile perfectly displayed all attractive features. 

His hair, slightly messy with strands hanging down as he kept his focus on the concoction he was making. 

Traveling down to his muscular arms, veins flowing through, that oddly seemed nice to be snuggled with. 

Even though his shirt was loose, at times it stuck to him and faintly lined his toned body. 

My thoughts were stopped when I began to hear Jai speak, 

"Well, when I was coming home, I saw your dog sitter Mable. She was a very nice woman, great job of choosing her," I nodded, and he continued, "And when I was about to leave, she had got a text message and said something came up with her kids. She asked if I could feed Monty and gave me a pair of keys to your apartment. That's it."

Jai put the mixture through a sieve into 2 mugs, still not facing me. "Then what about my number? How did you get that?"

Jai then finally turned towards me, "When she was about to leave, I asked for it. I should need it since I'm your neighbor, right? Mable even wondered why I don't have it. And it would avoid problems if she can't come to feed Monty."

He took both mugs in his hand, "Like in this scenario."

I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. 

"But what if you are busy and can't make it?" I tested him. "I'll just call my dog sitter to feed both Monty and Amiga." 

I kept going, "Well then what if they aren't available either?" 

Jai rested his hand on the counter,

"Then, all hell breaks loose." 

He smiles, "Let's go to the couch."

I stared down at the mug of steaming chai in my hands, accepting my defeat.

"Are you ok? Do you not like it?" I shot my head up realizing how dumb I probably looked.

"No, it's good." I said and took a sip of it. 

But me being the dumbass I am, 

I drank too much at once

"AH! HOT! HOT!" I muffled, my mouth was filled with heat, but I forced myself to swallow it down burning my throat too. 

Great, just wonderful. 

My tongue is now badly burned and I can't even feel the inside of my mouth. 

"OH MY GOD are you ok?" Jai set down his mug and knelt in front of me, alarming me with the sudden action. 

"Stick out your tongue." I did as he said and looked at him as he inspected it.

Now I had a full view of everything. 

Tan skin, that was completely clear of anything.

Brown hazel eyes, that would be a whole different color in the light, with eyelashes naturally long and curled.

Plump rose lips which seemed so soft to touch.

Is he even human?

But then his face cringed, "Oh that's bad. That's really bad. The tip is the worst."

"Well shit." I lisped out.

He chuckled which annoyed me. "What's so funny?" I tilted my head and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing, that was just cute."

I widened my eyes, not too big for him to notice, and blush started forming in my cheeks. 

"Let me get you some ice." Jai got up and headed towards his fridge. 

My heart slowly started to beat rapidly as I fiddled with my fingers.

Jai came back to where I was and handed me a bowl of ice. "Put these in your mouth, it'll help soothe the pain." I nodded and smiled instead of speaking so he wouldn't laugh again.

I put a couple of ice cubes in my mouth as Jai settled himself back onto where he was sitting. We sat in silence as he sipped on his chai, and I continued to shuffle pieces of ice cubes around. 

Then it occurred to me,

Why do I dislike Jai?

Do I even have a reason why?

Yes, he came into my apartment that night without me knowing, but he apologized so many times for it.

He kept on trying to make up for it and has been treating me nice.

Hell, he's even doing it now. 

And that's all he has been doing towards me.

All I have been doing is acting cold and immature towards him. 

Why didn't I respond to Jai that night?

Why did I avoid him for days after that?

I continued to shuffle the ice around my mouth, realizing how I've been acting towards him. 

Then I turned to him, 

"Jai?" 

His head turned to me, 

"Hm?"

"I bfdbfkfbrhf you."

"Huh?" Jai's face was filled with confusion. 

Then I realized I still had all those ice cubes in my mouth and spit them out trying not to look too disgusting.

"I want to be friends with you."

--------------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Ooo things are gettin juiccyy

If ya'll enjoyed this chapter please VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE :)

Have a great day ya'll and THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH AGAIN FOR OVER 400 READS!!!

LOVE YA'LL 😘😘❤❤