Chapter 36: While They Were Away

Authors Note: sorry about how short it is :C I didn't have much time today BUT I'll try to make it up to you guys! remember, THAT'S AN 'I'LL TRY'!

~~~~~

Error POV
That felt terrible.

I'm currently sitting on Inks bed, glitching. After the reboot, I felt sick. So, I decided to just relax. I should go get the mail. After all, it's already 2:34. It should be here by now.

I get up slowly and walk of Inks room, casually making my way downstairs. It's still hard not being able to see Ink.

I don't want to think that he's dead.

Everyone wants him home, especially me. He understood how it felt to be mistreated, but he was so carefree about it. He never cared what people said about him. I glance at the coffee table.

It had a picture of Ink.

I grab the frame and look at it. By the looks of it, Ink was chugging a water bottle, but unfortunately he couldn't handle the water. It shows Him throwing the bottle, as well as water coming out of his mouth and nose hole.

His friends are in the back laughing.

I smile.

I wasn't there, but it definitely seems like something Ink would do. I put the picture back on the coffee table. I continue to make my way to the door, my smiling fading from my face. I open the door and look inside the mailbox.

Hm, nothing.

As I'm about to go back into the house, I notice a paper on the ground. "What the..." I grab the paler. It doesn't have an envelope, it's just folded. I open it and read.

(This might not look like the original letter, but that's cuz I'm lazy lol)

Whoever this may be, I have a message.

Ink has been taken, correct. I thought so, after what I've seen. You can get him back, under one condition however.
There will a ball of a sort at a popular place. Speak to the children.
More specifically, Dream and Nightmare. Someone close to them can give you details, and maybe even a ticket inside. How do I know them? That's not important.
You will find Ink at the ball. Just, make sure you're prepared.
You must be asking yourself questions as you continue to read, so I'll answer the important ones.
Who am I? That's a secret That won't be revealed just yet. Am I one of Inks friends? Maybe, who knows. Where is Ink? Hah, well, I'm afraid I can't tell you that. Good luck.

-Anonymous

"Finally! A lead!" I grasp the door handle and slam the door, running up to Inks room. I'm curious as to who would send this and who they are, but that doesn't matter now.

We could find Ink!

All I have to do is wait.

Dream and Nightmare come from a rich family, so maybe that's what they meant by someone close to them giving me details?

Maybe Dream and Nightmare can get me into that 'Ball'!

I smile and start tearing up in slight relief. "Finally... this could be a chance to see my Inky..." I spread out my body against his bed, smelling his scent throughout his covers. A sigh escapes my mouth while I'm just staring up at his ceiling.

I sit up and grab another picture again. "We'll be together again Ink... we'll both just have to wait..." I whisper quietly.

"I'll talk to Dream and Nightmare later. For now, I just need to think about the next move I'll make..."