(Young!Severus x Reader) Say It Back

[ author: i have a bit of writer's block, so the next few oneshots are gonna be pretty short. please enjoy though. :) ]

Severus's POV

"You uh- you like me?" Y/n asked.

I never thought I'd have any kind of courage to confess. No, I never had any courage to do it. (S)he just stopped me on my way to breakfast.

"Yes, I've liked you for a while," I said fiddling with my hands not really wanting to have this conversation.

(S)he smiled, "So not Evans?"

"No, we're not even friends anymore," I said a bit shamefully. The smile etched on her/his face gave me some kind of hope though.

"I hope this isn't a joke because I do too," (s)he said.

"Well then, are you mine?" I asked.

(S)he laughed at how straightforward I was and said, "Always have been. You're mine then too."

"Could you erm say it back?" I asked entwining my left hand with her/his right.

We started walking to the Great Hall. From what I've experienced, no one ever really liked me unless they said those three words. I guess I wanted to make sure.

"It back," (s)he joked.

"No, but really, can you?" I asked.

"Say what anyway?" (s)he asked confused.

"That you er like me?" I asked quietly.

"Do you really need me to say it?" (s)he asked, an eyebrow raised.

I nodded, and we stopped walking.

"Well," she said then leaned in, her/his hand still in mine.

I didn't realise what was happening until it happened. She kissed me shortly not giving me any time to kiss back.

(S)he put her face close to my ear and said, "I like you."