(Adrian x Reader) Seatmates

requested by @Quetzali2007

Generally, for all my classes, I sat on the second row and first column of the class. It was a long-ish table that could fit two people, but I was always alone. (odd number of students, even number of chairs) I grew accustomed to the space though.

Then, one day, for Transfiguration, Professor McGonagall decided that the kid that can't control his wand should be the one sitting alone, and Pucey ended up next to me. Was this a good thing? Bad thing? All I knew at that moment was him robbing me of my space.

"Could you move your stuff?"

"What? No 'please'?"

Cue the eye roll. "Please?"

"Now, was that so hard?"

He gave up waiting and moved my things for me. Ass. I shrugged it off because people are never (usually) worth dealing with. Half an hour into the lecture, and he's poking my arm.

"What?"

"Er... what did she say?"

"A lot? She's still talking no-"

"L/n and Pucey." I cringed at the scolding the professor gave us as she continued, "Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the class?"

"No, professor," I responded immediately, flicking my seat mate's arm under the table.

As soon as she turned away to continue the lecture, Pucey started pestering me again about it.

"Please stop bothering me. Just borrow my notes after class."

And to my surprise, he stopped. Class felt like it usually did, and then, the bell rang. Even if it was lonely at times, I really did miss sitting alone.

"Merlin! Here are the notes. Duplicate them; copy them— just please, you're so annoying."

It felt like an overreaction, but the words spilled out before I could think them. Anyway, I was bound to blow up at someone for not having the whole desk, and I'd rather it not be a teacher.

"I'm just tapping you."

"I- yeah- I'm sorry. I'm just used to sitting alone."

"Hm."

"What?"

"That's sad. I'll sit with you at lunch."

"Ouch, I do have friends, y'know?"

"Mhmm," he said with a clear lack of belief. "Let's go."

I shrugged and followed, but I really did have friends. Following that thought, there was obvious confusion on their faces when I entered with Pucey and was about to walk to what was not their table.

"Do you see those confused people waving me over? Just classmates? Oh how I wonder!"

"Whatever- I still think we have to have a bonding experience. C'mon," he said, indicating that we'd definitely not be eating with people I'm comfortable with.

And so from across the hall, I yelled to them, "Sorry guys! Pucey wants to have-" in air quotes, "'a bonding experience'! I- well, I dunno! Sounds pretty kinky if you ask me!"

Eyes are on us, but honestly, it's not the most embarrassing thing I've done. Plus, it is bound to be overshadowed by the Golden Trio at one point, so I couldn't care less. Pucey, on the other hand turns red.

"What the hell?"

"I'm too lazy to walk over to them, especially considering that we're not going to be eating with them. What did you want me to do?"

"Wh- not that, definitely! I mean if you're going to use my name, I do like the sound of 'Adrian'."

I like this guy. He steers into the skid.

"Well, then, Adrian, where are we eating?"

"Over there," he said, pointing in the general direction of an empty Slytherin table.

"What about your friends?"

"What friends?" he joked, "Don't tell them I said that. It's bonding time."

"Kinky."

"Is that just a default response? What if I'm doing it on purpose?"

"Eh I'll point it out anyway. As a hormonal teen, it is my duty. What is this anyway?"

"A date."

"You, sir, have balls, but that would make this a lame first date."

"Why, I am insulted-" he pats the seat next to him, "-sit down."

"Of course, your majesty!"

He chuckled as I mock-bowed before sitting, me knowing that all of this nonsense made my heart rate go up which could only mean one thing: I am fucked - royally fucked.

"So what's this about a lame date?"

"Well, don't you think it would be a little more interesting if this were more romantic?"

"Like fireworks or something? A song comes out of nowhere?"

"Sure, but I'm just sa-"

"Good, or else this would be awkward."

"Wh-" and I was cut off by the sudden whistling that would turn into explosions of color and in its background, the Moonlight Serenade.

"Do you-"

"Yeah I think this is romantic enough."

"No, not that," he said, cupping my cheeks in his warm hands. "Do you think you could be my s/o?" (<significant other/bf/gf)

Throat closed up by butterflies I just nod, and the next thing I know is I'm kissing him straight on the lips. Then, I think about it some more.

"Did Professor McGonagall help you?"

"Shh forget about the preparation. I'd much rather kiss you."

a/n: lmao sorry, i will not be making any more promises regarding time. i will be getting to all requests but somewhat slowly.