(Neville x Fem!Sly!Reader) Trust me

Requested by @Rachm265

The reader's in her fifth year while Neville's in his sixth.

The reader's mother is Bellatrix Lestrange, but she is cared for by a muggle foster family. She's been told about this but hasn't opened up to her long time boyfriend, Neville.

Y/n's POV

I woke up early Thursday morning to prepare for classes.

I'd skip sometimes if I didn't feel like it, but the O.W.L.s were coming up. I still wanted a future.

I stretched and looked into my closet. I took out my uniform and went to the bathroom, lazily putting it on, barely bothering to do the tie properly. I shrugged.

Good enough.

I brushed after and looked into the mirror. A thought just came to me. It was one that played over and over again which made me happy.

I'm dating Neville Longbottom.

We've been dating for a while now. It was early this year that I confessed, and he said "Yes." Then another thought came on that made me frown.

My mother's Bellatrix Lestrange.

I haven't told Neville about it. I mean what do I do? The woman that birthed me tortured his parents into a horrible state. I've visited them before with Neville, and I can barely bring myself to look at them. I felt horrible about it. Things were getting serious, and we already said our "I love you"s.

When I finished brushing, I headed down to the Great Hall. Not many people were there, but I saw a face I wanted to go to. Neville's.

His back was facing me, but I knew it was his. I didn't care how odd it looked for a Slytherin to go up to the Gryffindor table having done this several times before.

I sat next to him and greeted, "Hi."

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Aww man. Now I'm going to smell like whatever you're eating," I laughed.

"I haven't started yet," he said.

"You just came as well?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I was waiting for you."

"Well, I'm here now. Let's eat then," I said.

I looked around and saw a bunch of people staring at the interaction. I do this on most days, but I guess people still aren't used to it.

"Is there something interesting on my face?" I said loud enough for the people staring to go back to their food.

I rolled my eyes before I ate. Neville and I talked and laughed together as we ate, but my mother kept ringing in my head. I was about to lose it.

When we finished eating, I leaned in to whisper in his ear, "Can you meet me at the Astronomy Tower later at midnight?"

He faced me with a questioning look but nodded.

"I'll explain later," I added.

The day passed in a bore, and I wasn't able to bump into Neville in any way—not even during meals. I think it was better that way though because I was still looking for a way to break it to him.

I walked to the common room as I thought. What do I do? I can't just go up to him and say, "I love you. Oh yeah and Bellatrix is my mother. Do you still love me?"

Can I?

No, I shouldn't. With what happened at the ministry last year, my conscience was yelling at me about it. I should've told him before I confessed.