Chapter 11: Fight for him

Start from the beginning

"Hey! What are you guys doing, let go of me!" Virgil says while repeatedly hitting my arm.

"Aw Virgie. Scared of your friends now, are we?" I say.

We drag him to a small alleyway and drop him on the ground.

"All I did was break up with you. You were cheating anyway." Virgil spits.

Well, there's news. He did actually know. 

"And you betrayed us and the school by going to my brother's party. This barely has anything to do with you hurting J." Remus says, kicking Virgil in the shin to prevent him from getting up.

*Logan POV*

I'm just getting off from work downtown when I get a text from Patton.

Meet me at the Wendys near the craft store. hurry.

Sensing this to be serious, I clock out and rush to my car. The Wendys Patton mentioned is about a three-minute drive from my workplace. I don't go there often, as I find it rather unhealthy, but I still know where it is. 

I get there and park. Patton is standing in the parking lot and rushes over to me when he sees my car. I get out and he looks like he just saw a ghost.

"What seems to be the issue, Patton?" I ask calmly. 

I don't react well to high-stress situations so my first instinct is to try and remain calm.

"Well I was eating my food and I heard these guys in the booth next to me talking about pranking and hurting someone," Patton says, his eyes filled with panic.

"Who?" I ask.

"V-Virgil. And then they left and I saw out the window Virgil step out of his car and they dragged him off and now they're probably hurting him and I and really weak and I'm too scared to call the police in case that gets him into more trouble later and-" Patton doesn't finish.

I sprint off in the direction Patton pointed too and he comes jogging after me. I breathe in and out. What is the most logical thing to do here? I evaluate everything. My strengths are that I'm fast, and I'm tall. Jan and Remus likely are the two people Patton saw, as they are the only ones I can think of with a vendetta against Virgil. What are their strengths? Remus is Roman's identical twin, and Roman is quite strong and quick-footed. It is safe to assume Remus is too. Jan is a wild card. He's a little shorter than me but more muscular. 

I'm sprinting down sidewalks, looking in every direction until I see an alleyway. I catch a small glimpse of yellow and green. I walk in there silently, ducking behind the dumpster. 

"What do you want from me? Money? An apology? You already ruined my life, what more do you want?" I hear Virgil say.

Virgil! He's in danger. I need to help him.

"Revenge." I hear Jan say.

I jump out from behind the dumpster and shout.

"Hey! What do you two think you're doing?"

They both turn around.

"Well, it seems to be our lucky day. Beat two jerks in one alley." Remus says.

Jan gives him a small nod and Remus turns around and hits Virgil on the head with a small pole. Virgil slumps down on the ground, unconscious. At least, I hope he's unconscious.

They both turn back to me. Jan throws a punch at my face which I duck, and I throw a kick to his shins, hoping to knock him off balance.

"Weak. You're a pathetic nerd, go save yourself before you get into real trouble." Jan says.