Chapter 12

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TVD OR ORIGINAL CHARACTERS OR THE COVER PAGE.

Elijah's POV

I braced myself for the pain, but it never came. My eyes open, only to meet the terrified brown orbs. Her eyes was widen. I looked at the area behind Elena. The stake was nowhere to be found. Caroline must've caught own to what I was looking for. "Behind you, Elijah." Caroline whispered, eyes widen also.

I turned around to find the stake inches from my chest, floating in the air. "Bonnie, are you doing that?" I asked.

Bonnie shook her head. "No. Even if I could, the stake was moving at incredible speed." She said.

"I think Elena is doing it." Caroline commented. The stake clattered to the ground, then Elena yelled out. I caught her before she could hit the ground. She clutched at her stomach.

"ELENA! WHAT IS WRONG?" I asker her, caressing her head.

"The pain. It hurts!" Tears was streaming down her face. Wasting no time, I bit into my wrist and put it to her mouth. She pushed my hand away and vomitted the blood up.

"What is happening?" I was growing frustrated.

"We don't know! Lets get her to the hospital!" Kol said.

I growled."No! You and Klaus will stay here. Bonnie and Caroline, and I will go. You've done enough damage." I said. Kol looked away guiltily. "Caroline, grabbed the car keys and meet at the car." I picked up Elena bridal style and head out. I didn't want her in county, so I drove to St. Mary's Hospital, a private institution that was twenty minutes out. Since I was driving like a maniac, I made it in half the time. I got Elena out the back and carried her through emergency entrance with Bonnie and Caroline flanking me. 

"HELP ME! SHE'S HURT!" A nurse ran up to me, calling others. I saw someone bringing a gurney. A doctor came up to me. "Sir, mover her to the bed." She said. I did as she said and they started to move her. "Sir, tell me what happened?" The doctor instructed.

All I wanted to do was be with Elena. "She just started to recoil in pain. She is pregnant." I said, running my hand through my hair. i noticed the slight grave look she gave me, but she nodded and left the room. I was left in the middle of the ER, just staring at the door. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Elena and the babies will be fine, Elijah. Lets go and take a seat until the doctor comes back." Caroline said. I didn't even resist. I sat between the girls and stared at that door.

"Elena was reacting to the magic." Bonnie said.

"What?" I asked, taking my eyes off to the door to Bonnie.

"I had the same reaction. Its the concentration of magic that causes those extremely painful cramps." Bonnie explained.

"But the babies-"

"The babies wasn't using the magic. The babies is expelling magic into her blood. I believe they will be fine." Bonnie said.

"Plus, we know one of the babies will manipulate air! How exciting!" Caroline said, happily.

"caroline, I think this isn't the right time." Bonnie said, frowning.

"Why? I'm trying to keep his mind off what happen on happier subjects. Elijah is having three little amazing babies. They are going to need their Aunt Bonnie to help them develop their powers." Caroline said.

Bonnie smiled. "And what will Aunt Caroline be doing?" Bonnie said.

I was enjoying their banter. It was lifting my spirits. Caroline flipped her curls. "Isn't it obvious? Dressing them, giving advice, and throwing the best parties. So, overall spoiling them to death!" Caroline laughed.