Chapter 15

Author's Note: I do apologize for the delay for updating this story. I have to give serious thought how I want this story to head. I definitely know how I want the story to end. My finishing deadline has been extended because of work and school, but once school ends, I will have more free time to work on this story.

Second, I will be adding another story on Fanfiction and Wattpad. It is a triple crossover: Criminal Minds/The Vampire Diaries/Supernatural. The Vampire Diaries will be a background element but you will see some of the characters from there, but Elena is a main character and she is paired with Spencer Reid. They are married in the fanfic called Shattered. I will be uploading within two day, but I'm hoping today will be the day, right after I'm uploading this.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from The Originals or The Vampire Diaries or the cover page.

ELENA'S POV

Finn dragged me off the wall and into a dark hallway."Please, don't do this!" I whispered harshly. Finn just ignored me and kept walking with me. After a minute or so, he stopped and knocked on a door. A soft voice, but it sent chills through my body in ripples. 

"Don't Finn!" I said, trying to twist out his hold, but it was useless. He opened the door and light filtered out the room. He continued to move forward and settled me in the middle of the room.

"Mother, it seems that your experiment work." Finn went to the side and clasp his hands behind his back. My eyes was exactly on the woman that started all this mess. My eyes ran over the woman that has cause a lot of pain for my family. Her dirty blonde hair dangled in soft curls to her shoulders. She was wearing modern emerald green dress that have a straight neckline. She was facing the window, not even glancing a look at me. The room was disguised as a office. It had a homey feeling to it and it would have been nice if I wasn't trapped like an animal by dangerous adversaries.

Esther turned around with that stony expression that was all too familiar."I've never doubted it would, son." Esther said, turning around, walking from the window. She walked over leaned against the wooden desk and glared down at me. "We meet again, Ms. Gilbert. Unfortunately, it is not under better circumstances." She sneered. I closed my eyes and leveled my breathing. I had to go to predatory mode. Focus on all the things that Alaric has taught me. Calm down. Assess your situations. Execute.

"It is definitely not a pleasure to see you again." I said, scooting away from her. 

"Ms. Gilbert, I see you still don't understand. You had a chance to be free and you ruined that." Esther replied, frowning.

"Not at the cost losing the ones I love and leaving the world in upheaval. You would have done more harm than saving, Esther. I know you know that, but question is why. Why would go through with a plan to disrupt the natural order?" I asked, halting in my path.

"Natural order would have found balance just like it did to accommodate vampires. It wasn't a concern." Esther said.

"Then, you are just as heartless and a monsters as vampires." I said. Finn growled, but made no move to advance me.