Chapter 16

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TVD OR TO CHARACTERS.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG WAIT. I HAD FIGURE OUT WHERE I WAS GOING WITH THIS STORY. MY IDEA IS TO UPLOAD THIS STORY EVERY TUESDAY AND SHATTERED EVERY THURSDAY, BUT AN IDEA. ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.

I laid in my bed, trying to forget everything. My life has been in constant uproar since I met Stefan, not that that was his fault or anything. Sometimes I wish I could go back to simpler times when my biggest problems what I was going to wear to school the next day. A knock on the door shock me out of my daze. I looked up and saw Father Kiernan.

"I was walking by and saw you in the bed. Are you okay?" He looked confused. Then, I remember that he knew I was a vampire.

"I'm doing fine, Father. Please take a seat. No need to stand there." I said, resuming my stare match at the ceiling.

Father Kiernan move over to the side of the bed, taking a seat. "You look troubled child. Want to share?" He said, leaning against his chair.

"Being part of the supernatural sucks sometimes. Though I don't regret most of my choices, it would be better not knowing. I've become numb to violence. I take attacks against me and my next thought is how to get through this. I use to be the golden child. I did everything to gain approval from everyone, especially my parents. Now, that they are gone, I lost who I was. I know my parents are looking down at me with shame, but what really shocks me is that I have no regrets." I said, trying to sort my thoughts.

"I didn't mean to unload on you like that. You have no idea what I'm talking about. You probably think I'm nuts." I said, rubbing my forehead.

He smiled. "I have heard hundreds of confessions, Elena, and yours is nowhere near crazy. Question: Why would your parents be ashamed?" Father Kiernan asked.

"My parents was anti-vampire. They were part of this human faction that was called The Council. They eliminated vampires. When I was human, I dated a vampire, now I'm one. Well, not by choice anyways." I muttered that last part bitterly.

"What did you mean by 'not by choice'?" Kiernan questioned, studying me.

"It's a long story, but my friend was trying to get me out of town. Rebekah, Klaus' sister, appeared out of nowhere and my friend ended up driving off the bridge my parents drove off of. I wanted to grow old and get married. I had so much to gain from a human life." I said. It felt so good to talk to someone who wasn't biased. Either team Stefan or Damon.

"So, why don't you have regrets? It seems that you are really attach to your human persona, so you would think that you would want to do things differently." Kiernan asked, shifting in his seat.

I smiled. "Though I had a lot of heartache and loss. I wouldn't change my current situation. I would make different decisions for somethings, but I'm gradually building my happiness again." I said.

"What is your current situation that solidifies you to this new style of life?" Kiernan asked.

Before I could say something, I heard someone squeal my name. "ELENA!" Caroline came charging in the room with a nurse hot on her heels.