Chapter 27

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TO/TVD CHARACTERS.

A/N: THE REASON FOR THE LAST CHAPTER BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE VERY SERIOUS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS. THE BIRTH AND THE SEX OF THE BABIES WILL BE CONCLUDED IN TWO TO THREE CHAPTERS. IF ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR BOY AND GIRL NAMES PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT.

Elena's POV

"Elena! You can't just leave your own baby shower!" Stefan laughed, following me out to the porch.

"I'm not leaving! I'm just had to get out of there! They are crazy!" I exclaimed as I laughed along. We walked to the banister, leaning against it. We were silent for a moment. "Are you okay? I know it isn't easy to be in the same room as them. If you want to leave, I will understand." I rubbed his hand, trying to comfort him.

"I'm doing okay. I hate Elijah for taking Damon away, but I'm angry at Damon for leaving, knowing he wasn't going to come back. I just hope he is at peace finally." Stefan said, looking out to the open field.

I could hear someone heading towards us. "Stefan, before you go back home, I need to talk to you about something. It's important." I said, looking in his eyes.

"Of course. Just let me know." He said, looking at the door that opened. Elijah stepped out, looking between the two of us.

"The room has calmed significantly. They decided to go straight to the gifts. Elena, why don't you go ahead of me, while I talk to Stefan." Elijah said.

I hesitated, looking at Stefan. Stefan nodded, signalling me to leave. I sighed, rubbing my belly. I patted Stefan on the shoulder, then I walked pass Elijah, giving him a smile on the way.

Elijah's POV

Elena walked past me, into the house. Once the door was closed, I looked back to Stefa. He stood, looking emotionless, staring right at me. "I can't apologize for killing Damon, because that would be insincere of me. I do apologize that you suffered the loss of brotherhood." I said, walking next to him to lean against the banister.

He turned to mimic me against the banister. He stared out to the open field, not saying a thing. "Logical part of me understands what you had to do, but I'm angry. At some point, I will move on. Thank you for apologizing." Stefan said.

"I know how much you mean to Elena and I want to make peace. We should head back in." I said, pushing away, heading to the door. Stefan followed behind me, closing the door. We went back to the party to find Elena opening a present. She lifted up a onesies 'Best Uncle Kol' with his face plaster on the back. She laughed, rolling onesie back up in a bundle.

We all hanged out for about four more hours, before everyone disperse. Elena pulled Stefan out for a walk, so I started to clean house until she returned.

Elena's POV

After opening amazing presents, everyone left except for Stefan, who I asked out for a short walk. I slipped on a sweater, while Stefan held a door opened. I walked out on the porch, waiting for Stefan to close the door.

We walked for awhile, just enjoying each other company. Once we were far enough, I started to talk. "Stefan, I need to ask a favor of you." I said, stopping to look at me.

He looked at me, observing me. "You can ask me anything." He said simply, rubbing my hands.

"Don't agree too soon. You might not like what I ask." I said, staring in his green eyes. He smiled a little.

"Just tell me and let me be the judge of that." He said.

"I need you to track down Katherine for me." I said, staring for any reaction. The smile fell from his face, replaced by worry.