Chapter 25

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TV/TO CHARACTERS.

A/N: FATHER KIERNAN IS STILL ALIVE

We all burst in the church to see the church empty, but blood lingered in the air. I saw Bonnie sitting in the back of the church, not moving, but just staring ahead.

I ran over to her, seeing a bruise on her head. Her hands were covered in blood. "Bonnie?" I whispered, sitting next to her.

She was startled out of her daze, looking up to me. "Elena, I tried to save her, but the witches knocked me unconscious." Tears filled her eyes as she looked at me. I pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back.

"Its okay. You did everything you could, Bonnie." My eyes looked towards the front of the church. Klaus was standing off to the side, staring. My eyes flickered to Elijah, who hunched over. I gasped when I realized it was Hayley.

"They took the baby!" Boonie said, pulling away.

"What?" I said in a low voice, unbelieving what I just heard.

"They cut the baby out of her, Elena!" Bonnie said, more harsher than before.

"Elijah, -" I started to say.

"We heard." Elijah, pulling Klaus a along, coming closer to us.

Elijah squatted down, looking me in the eye. "I want you to go home and stay there. Do you understand?" Elijah said, tone sharp.

"I can help you find the baby, okay." I said, determined to help my lost friend, even if her life was taken.

"No. You are going home. This is not an request!" Elijah snapped. We just stared, willing the other to bend. But the sadness was clouding his eyes, so I simply nodded.

He gave me a nod, getting up from his squat. "Be careful. Both of you." I looked to Klaus as I said the last part. Elijah kissed my forehead, before departing the church.

I sat back against the bench, breathing steadily. Bonnie gripped my hand tightly, just so distress. We sat in silence, not making a move.

"This is only the beginning." Both of our heads snapped to the opening of the church. Mikael came out of the shadows, walking towards us. He sat down next to me, looking ahead.

"Everything that has happened to this point has been orchestrated by Esther herself. I can feel her. She is alive. And now you have a bigger enemy coming your way." Mikael said, thrumming his fingers on the bench.

"Even if you are right..."

"The moment that baby took its first breath, Dahlia felt that pull in her eternal sleep. In a couple of months, she will feel yours." He said.

"Why are you telling us this? What do you get out of all this?" Bonnie mumbled, looking at Mikael.

"I get to save my children, even if their deaths. But it's too late now. Esther or Dahlia will have their ways." He said.

"If we stop fighting, then it is too late. I'm not going to roll over and let some psychos take my children. Even if it is my death." I glared at Mikael as he turned his head to look at me.

"I admire your persistence, but it is going to take a hell of alot more to win this war. My family and you are going head to head with the two most powerful witches on two fronts. Are you really ready for that?" Mikael questioned, staring me in the eyes.

Before I could retort, I heard a sudden gasp. All our heads snapped to source, taken by surprise by Hayley's movement.

It took me a full moment to realize that Hayley's alive, before Bonnie pulled me up by surprised. I turned to look back at Mikael, but he was gone without a trace.