Chapter 26

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TVD/TO CHARACTERS

Chapter 26

Elijah's POV

It was miniscule changes, but I noticed it anyways. Elena just stayed in her room, quiet. She would come down and eat with us, keeping quiet for the most part.

Sometimes, I will hear cries at night and I come and comfort her. She would just cry herself to sleep.

The past week, I worked with Bonnie and Caroline to work on a secret project for her. So, when it was done, I went to go get her from the room.

I walked in, finding her and Kol playing the Playstation 3. Call Of Duty, I believe. "Hey, Elijah." She said, distractedly.

"Don't interrupt, Elijah. I'm kicking her ass!" Kol growled.

Elena smirked. "Says the person I just gave a headshot to. Your team online team sucks." Elena said.

She jumped in joy, laughing at Kol's disgruntled face. "SUCK IT, BITCH!" She did a happy dance.

"I let you win!" Kol protested.

"That's the same thing my brother use say after I was done kicking his butt." She laughed.

Kol stuck his tongue out at her. "Whatever!" He said in return.

"Sore loser. So, Elijah, you need anything?" She asked, smiling at me, but the spark didn't reach her eyes.

"I was wondering would you accompany me for the day?" I asked.

"Sure. Just let me grab my bag." She said. She was wearing a simple v-neck long sleeve white shirt with dark blue maternity skinny jeans. She grabbed her beige leather jacket and similar color flats. She grabbed her bag and came over to me.

"Ready. Where are we going?" She asked, looping her arm around mines.

"I have a surprise for you, but I'm going to take you out. You've been a little distant for the past couple of weeks." I commented. I situated her in the car, locking in her seatbelt.

I got in the driver's side and drove off the compound. I drove a little out of town, showing Elena landmarks or fun places to go. I parked on the outskirts of New Orleans.

Elena smiled. "Where are we?" She asked as I opened the door for her.

"When I was last here, I found this land. It was quite beautiful. I would come out and read, other things." I said, grabbing my basket for out the trunk. I slipped out a blindfold.

"I have a surprise for you, so I'm going put this blindfold on you." I said, going behind her.

She smirked. "How fifty of you!" She retorted.

I smiled, slipping the fold on. I lead her down a path, leading up to the surprise. When I could see it from here, I became anxious. What if it is too much.

"Are we there yet?" She asked, impatiently.

"Patience is a virtue." I said as I stood her in front of the surprise.

"Well, I smell something delicious, so patience flew out the window a long time ago." She laughed.

"We are here, so I'm about to remove the blindfold." I said. I slid up the blindfold, then stepped back to her side.