Chapter 17

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OF TVD AND TO.

ELIJAH'S POV

After Davina successfully unlinked the spell, I helped Hayley out the pool. "Rebekah, escort Hayley to her room and get her cleaned up." I said, handing over Hayley to Rebekah.

"Where are you going?" Rebekah questioned.

"I'm going to check on Elena and make sure that the curse is still not affecting her, then getting out these clothes. After, I have a witch to hunt." I growled the last part. I marched past Rebekah and towards the steps. I sped up to Elena's room.

"KOL! GET OUT OF MY UNDERWEAR DRAW! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" I heard Elena groan.

"Now I see how you got Elijah in bed. With these sultry pieces, you lead blind man astray!" Kol laughed.

"Caroline, don't smile at his childish behavior! It will just encourage him more!" Elena said, exasperated.

"Sorry, but that was funny." Caroline laughed out.

At that point, I came into the doorway. "Kol, I asked you to watch her, not tire her out." I said, my eyes immediately finds Elena's brown orbs. A smile lit up her face and I knew everything will be alright. "How are you feeling?" I asked, walking to her bedside. I sat on the edge, lift my hand to her head.

"I feel a little better. It was like a coil snapped inside me, relieving the pressure. I could feel the babies magic fighting against the curse. Very uncomfortable." She said, reaching out to me. She frowned. "Elijah... why are you all wet?" She asked.

Kol let out a snicker. In response, Elena rolled her eyes. "Hayley temperature was rising fast, so the pool was the closest, so I utilized it." Elena nodded her head.

"Is she okay?" Elena asked, running her hand through my hair.

"Yes. Rebekah is taking her up to her room." I said, my hand went to Elena's belly. I caressed her stomach, feeling dread come over me.

"Elijah, we are fine. I had the upmost faith that we come out on top. Think positive." She said, sensing my discomfort.

I look to her eyes. "I know, but it shouldn't be like this." I mumbled.

"True, but we have deal with the cards we've been dealt with. Put your head to my belly." She said.

I was uncertain for a moment, but gave into her demand. I moved down and laid my head down to the side. "Listen to those healthy pitter patters, nothing matter outside of that." She whispered, while caressed my head. My hearing zone in on the heartbeats and I was instantly calm. The tension left my body.

"This is what we are fighting for. Anything try to stop this, we will overcome. No doubt in my mind. You are not alone, Elijah. I will be there with every step." Elena said, holding me close.

I let her words resonate within my mind and everything seem to strengthen within me. "Thank you." I mumbled.

My phone rang out, bringing me back reality. I broke from her embrace. I smiled up to her, then pulling out my phone.

"Elijah." I said, getting up from the bed.

"Brother, I found Agnus. You better scurry on down to the church, before I enjoy all the fun." Klaus said calmy, knowing he is nothing but calm.

"I'll be there in ten." I said, immediately hanging up the phone. I turned back to Elena. "I'm sorry. I have to go assist Klaus with something." I reached down and kissed her forehead, then a tender rub to the belly.

"Be careful." Elena said. I nodded and left the room. I sped to my wardrobe and quickly got dressed into a black tailored suit and left the house. I arrived at the church within three minutes.