Chapter 23 Pt. 1

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TO/TVD CHARACTERS

Elena's POV

Flashback

Bonnie stayed with me all night, trying to soothe me. It got so bad, she put that sleeping spell on me again.

I woke the next morning, void of any emotions. I went to my closet and packed a small bag.

"What are doing, Elena?" Bonnie asked waking up from her slumber.

I took a breath. "Despite what Damon did, I promised that he would be bury in his family tomb." I said walking out the room. I could hear Bonnie shuffling out of the bed and running to me.

"Elena, I know you're upset, but think about this." Bonnie pleaded.

I just continued ignore her, knowing she would just try and convince me otherwise. I walked out the front door, pausing to look at the frontyard. It was spotless, no evidence to what happened less than a day ago. I shook my head, clearing the memory. I continued my journey to the garage.

I opened the door and found my car in the far corner. I went over and unlocked the door, throwing my bag on the floor. "Bonnie, you can stop following me. I'm not changing my mind. Where is Damon's body?" I said, getting on the car. I had to push my seat back to fit.

Bonnie ran on the other side and got in. "I don't know. I stayed in the room with you." She said.

I turned on my car and pulled out of the garage to pull in front of the house. Up ahead, I can see Elijah standing on the porch, arms crossed, looking directly at us.

I parked the car in driveway in front of the house. I got out, then looked at Elijah. My hands clenched at my sides as I looked at his cool expression.

"I wasn't aware you were going to going out today, especially..."

"Don't! I don't want to hear it! All I want know is where is Damon's body?" I growled, feeling a familiar burning sensation behind my eyes.

"He is in the cellar. Why?" He asked.

"I need to take him home, Elijah. I promised." I said, reluctantly.

Elijah sighed. "You don't owe him anything, Elena."

I felt the familiar tightening in my chest. Tears came and I leaned against the car. My hands cupped my eyes as I wail. I felt a presence closing in on me and soon as a hand touched, I pulled away.

I looked up at Elijah, surprise written all over his face. "Don't touch me. Whether I owe Damon or not, there is one person you didn't think about in this." I wiped at my tears.

"Stefan deserves to be able to bury his brother. He deserves to know that I'm the reason his brother is dead. I did that, Elijah. I'm going to give Damon a funeral. So, please go get Damon or do you want me to do it?" I said.

The front door opened and both our heads turned in that direction. Kol came over, Damon thrown over his shoulder. He walked over to us, walking around me to open the car door.

Bonnie opened the other side to pull Damon through. Once they had him situated, they closed the door. Kol turned towards me. "Look, I'm not going to act like I'm all torn up, but I'm sorry that you got hurt." Then, he surprised me with a hug.

It was so out it his character, but I couldn't find myself to care. I felt safe and that everything was going to be all right. Some tears escaped me when I hugged him back.

"Thanks, Kol." I said as we pulled apart. He simply smiled, then walked away.

Bonnie came over to me. "If you insist on doing, at least let me or Caroline go with you." Bonnie asked.