|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22|

|22|

"Are we almost there?" You sighed, losing track of how many times Kougyoku had asked Ka Koubun the question. You were inside her temporary room on the large boat, on your way to Sindria. Now you don't exactly know how you were dragged along with the princess but here you were. The journey had taken too long for your liking and you were quickly growing tired of all the people on this boat. Except for Hakuryuu and Kougyoku of course. You slightly wished you were back at the palace but you remembered how the girl begged you.

"Please (Y/n), you have to come! I can't be the only girl from Kou when Sinbad is around! I'm gonna have a breakdown!"

So you begrudgingly told her you would go and boarded the ship with her the day after Sinbad left. Her and Hakuryuu would go as representatives of the Kou Empire. You're not sure how the consensus of Kou royalty traveling to Sindria was made but it was. You didn't like that you would have to be away from the palace for who knows how long. Judar might return and you wouldn't be there, but then again the chances of that happening were steadily decreasing. You also didn't like the idea of traveling by boat, finding the journey was being drawn out longer than needed.

Not only that but you were sure you were going to strangle Ka Koubun soon. It was already enough to encounter him in the palace, but now you practically had nowhere to escape from him. It was obvious he wanted to be your superior and you were thankful Kougyoku told him to treat you like any well-respected member of the military. If she hadn't you probably would have eventually thrown the man overboard and felt no remorse while doing so.

You also had to keep your eye on him as he was acting quite suspicious the entire journey. He would continually talk with the same two soldiers. You were contemplating the idea of approaching them but every time you so much as glanced in their directions they ran off. Oh well, not really any of your concern.

There was also the issue of your ever-growing seasickness that you didn't know you had until this journey. Any time the boat got a little rocky you had to practically force yourself not to throw up. You were worried you would vomit all over the princess one day but she didn't seem as scared. She actually laughed your words off and claimed you were so silly. You didn't think she realized you were swallowing down your regurgitated lunch. You now realized why you liked going on the flying carpet so much more.

To add on to your list of issues, it seemed that every time Hakuryuu saw you weren't busy, he wanted to spar with you. Now you had no idea what made him think it would be a good idea to spar on a boat with you, but he kept insisting. However, fighting and a rocking boat were not ideal conditions for you. You were well aware you wouldn't have much of an option in most fights but in this case, you did. Yet every time you declined the prince would keep persisting until you accepted his request to fight. So you always made the deal that after one sparring session you were done and even though you didn't like to hurt his pride by ending fights quickly you were easily willing to.

Luckily you wouldn't have to deal with these things much longer. You were estimated to arrive in Sindria in the next half hour and even though you weren't thrilled to be anywhere near Sinbad it was better than being on this boat. Your anxiety was slowly increasing thinking about how you would have to see the king again not only after the Balbadd encounter and Kou but also after hearing Kougyoku's story. You could practically feel the anger and humiliation seeping out of her, and Ka Koubun was not helping at all. In fact, he was almost encouraging the girl to cause a scene. You, on the other hand, were trying to convince her to handle the issue more confidentially.