|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34|

|34|

You could hear, you could feel, but you couldn't see. Or your vision only came in small flashes and they were blurred. Any commands you gave your body were useless, and you moved without thinking. It was as if some other conscious being in your body was controlling you. Pulling your arms forward, the chains that held you to the bars snapped, causing the cuffs to fall off your wrists. One of the men approached you from the right, but you brought your foot up, kicking him into the bars. The chain that was holding your ankles together also snapped.

The man you had just kicked fell to the floor, knocked out. You turned to the other men and they stared in horror. Black scales decorated your temple and the sides of your face. They could also be seen on the sides of your abdomen. What was scariest though, was your eyes. The pupils had gone changed from their slightly circular shape to thin lines, mirroring a snake's. One of the men turned to the farthest one.

"Go alert the boss of what happened! Now!" You turned your head, watching, allowing him to run off. Then you turned to the rest and took a step forward. They all pulled their weapons out on you.

"Take another step and we'll shoot!" They would have been much more threatening if their voices didn't quiver and they didn't shake while holding their weapons. Your body paused, looking them up and down. They shook under your gaze and they looked even more horrified when you grinned, showing off two pointed fangs. Before they could stop you, you charged through all of them, knocking each one to the ground.

The two men controlling the gate stepped away to try and stop you, but you didn't give them much time, slamming their heads into the wall and leaving them. Then, with a strength they hadn't seen, you pulled the gate up with your bare hands and entered the arena. The crowd hadn't noticed you yet and they were still cheering when you entered. It was only when the gate closed again, the sound catching everyone's attention, did people begin to look your way.

"There's a girl in there!"

"Get her out, this isn't fair!"

Finally turning in your direction, Sultaana noticed you standing by the gate. Making an abrupt turn, she began to run in your direction. The tigers chasing her were able to get closer due to her sudden change in direction and you could see one of them beginning to pounce. You began to run in her direction, and it looked as if you were going to run into her. That was until the tiger jumped, ready to get a hold of her. You left the ground immediately after, soaring over the small girl and digging your hand into the beast's side. It fell before it could reach her, and you landed in a roll, quickly getting back up.

Finally realizing that there was a new threat or larger meal, the tigers stopped chasing the young girl and they all turned to you. The one you wounded got back up and walked towards you, slower and more hesitant than the others. You turned your head to face Sultaana, and the young girl stared at you in both awe and fear.

'Run.'

You wanted to say the words but they didn't come out. Instead, you nodded your head in her direction, and she seemed to get the hint as she ran to the farthest side of the arena. The people in the crowd continued to screech that you needed to get out and that something wasn't right, however, they tuned out. Instead, you focused on the three tigers that were ready to grab at you.

"Someone control that girl!" One of the tigers lunged at you and you dodged its attack, instead, scratching its side. Another went around to try and attack you but you managed to kick it in the neck, sending it a bit away. The third ran at you but due to its wound, it was so slow you could easily avoid it.