|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35|

|35|

The ride back was quiet and tense. Judar only stared at you the entire way back, burning holes into your skull. You avoided his gaze, staring out into the open. It was easy considering you had done it numerous times before but you forgot just how intense his eyes were. It was as if he was waiting for you to speak to him, but he refused to say anything himself. You sighed before turning your head, staring right back at him.

"Yes Master Judar?" His eyes were narrowed as he looked you up and down. While he wanted to rest on you, you were filthy. There was dirt covering your body and there was dried blood on your abdomen, he would not be getting all over you until you washed off. As he eyed you he noticed the bruises that had begun to form on your ankles.

"Why are you wearing that?" You should have expected the question sooner or later. Your clothes weren't from Kou and if anyone saw you they wouldn't think you were with the Kou Empire. Judar liked to constantly keep tabs on you and know where you were. He wants people to know you're with him, he wants them to know you belong with him.

"The other shirt ripped." His eyes widened at your words before they narrowed once more. He eyed your body almost skeptically. It was as if he was thinking, trying to find the right words to say.

"How?" There didn't sound to be any threat laced with his words but you knew better than to let your guard down. You unintentionally straightened your back, glad the wounds had probably mostly healed so they were harder to see.

"It tore while I was being whipped." You could visibly see his jaw clench and his face tense. You could feel a wave of sudden anger rising within him and you weren't sure if it was directed at you or the people who hurt you. His eyes pierced you, almost as if he was looking straight through you. It looked as if he was about to say something before stopping himself, then finally making a decision.

"Come here." You were hesitant, but you knew better than to keep Judar waiting. So you slowly moved over to him, watching as his nose scrunched in disgust, probably at your smell. You sat right in front of him, giving him enough distance so he wouldn't be overreactive to your smell. He visibly gagged, quite dramatically before instructing you to turn around. You did so whilst rolling your eyes at his overreaction.

Staring at the space ahead, you waited to see what he was going to do. Your body immediately stiffened when you felt his hands grip the bottom of your top. He began to tug upward and once you realized he was going to take the top off you raised your arms so he could get it off. Once the item was removed from your body, you immediately wrapped your arms around your torso to try and protect the bare skin from the wind.

"Ugh this stinks!" You turned your head to see him throw the top off the turban. His hands gripped your waist and you could feel his eyes piercing your skin, taking in every new scar. They were thin and almost faded, but there were still there, and the fact that someone even dared to touch what was his irritated him.

"Kougyoku and Kouha are going to be mad. They're all about keeping the royal family blemish free." You shook slightly as the breeze increased, goosebumps rising on your skin. He then moved his hand to examine the newest wound on your side, the dried blood already cracking and disappearing. He let out an irritated sigh knowing this was another thing the princess would get on him for.

"I don't know how you managed to get yourself captured." You frowned at his words, flinching slightly as he began to scratch the dry blood off of you. He grumbled under his breath about how he didn't like getting his hands dirty and you were making things very difficult for him.