|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19|

|19|

You were currently eating the breakfast some maids had brought you. For some reason, it seemed as if they didn't want you to leave your room. You didn't know why, but it was beginning to get extremely boring. You went onto the balcony earlier but people were once again protesting at the gates. The loud noise caused you to immediately turn and go back inside, not wanting to deal with that. So here you were, sitting on your bed, eating the fruit they had brought you.

You still hadn't been informed of Judar's condition and the nerves were practically eating you away now. You had no idea why you truly cared for someone as sadistic the magi but you supposed being around him for so long caused you to worry a little. You placed the plate on the table in your room and got onto the floor. There was really nothing for you to do at the moment so you decided exercise would be the only way to ignore the anxiety that was forming.

You did over four hundred regular pushups before you got bored and switched to one arm. You occasionally rotated sides until you determined you were tired of this altogether. So here you were now, doing a handstand against the wall. You spread your legs so you were now in a straddle and lifted one hand off of the ground. At that same moment, there was a knock on your door. You told whoever it was to come in and the maid that did almost jumped in shock.

"Umm... I'll just be taking this and going!" She quickly grabbed the plate as she squeaked the words out. She rushed out of the room, closing the door harder than necessary. You only stared at her with a blank face the entire time, not understanding why she was so perplexed. You did a few more odd poses before coming down, all the blood having gone to your head. You sat on the floor and decided to do some stretching. You contorted your body into weird positions and felt the muscles in your body being pulled. You swore you could hear a few cracks.

"How much longer do I have to stay here?" There was nobody around to answer your question as you stared at the ceiling. You had moved onto the bed, your head dangling over the end. You were beginning to grow restless. You've always had something to do whether it be chores, having someone to talk to, or even just being with Judar. Now you were stuck in this palace with nothing, it was eating you up. You sighed as you heard another knock on the door, assuming it to be another maid.

"Come in." The thing creaked before someone stepped inside. You turned your head to see what the maid was bringing you, however, you were pleasantly surprised to see Kougyoku standing there. Her hands were intertwined with a gentle smile on her face. You sat up on your bed as you greeted her.

"Hello, Kougyoku." The princess nodded and walked over to your bed, standing at the end of it.

"Good morning (Y/n). Would you like to come to my room for some tea?" You thought over her offer for a second. Actually, you didn't even think it over. You had nothing else to so you figured you might as well go with her. You gave a simple nod in response as you slid off the bed. Kougyoku, who knew you wouldn't be very talkative, began to walk back to the door as you followed after her. You closed your door behind you and entered her room. Noticing a round table with a teapot on it, you went and sat in one of the chairs. She followed after you, sitting in the other.

She poured you both some tea and the two of you made small talk. It was kind of one-sided though with her asking most of the questions and you answering. She would occasionally refill your cup as you talked to her. Realizing that you were slightly out of it, she decided to knock the question out of the way.

"So (Y/n)... are you worrying over Judar because you like him?" You hummed and nodded your head not even fully comprehending what she said. You took a sip of your tea with closed eyes as you leaned back. Your eyes shot open as you began to choke on your drink, realizing what she said. You started coughing and sputtering and all you heard was Kougyoku laughing at you. You placed the cup down and wiped your mouth with the back of your hand. With watery eyes, you turned to look at the princess.