|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3|

|3|

The first thing that was off about this magi was the aura he gave off. It was dark, deadly, and it made you want to curl in on yourself. Never in your life had you felt so helpless! So weak! It was as if this man could flick his finger, and you would drop onto the floor at his feet. You could feel yourself begin to shake, and it felt like the air was closing in around you like you were suffocating. 'How can one make me feel this way by just their presence?' You were just about to let out a choked cry before your eyes quickly scanned over him on their own. It was then that you regained yourself, remembering why you were at your master's side, what he told you before, how highly he thought of you. You were a Serpantine, a fierce warrior, a species stronger and more powerful than a normal human. Yes, this man was a magi and radiated extreme power, but you were a force to be reckoned with.

When you saw your master bow his head, you quickly mimicked his actions, bowing towards Kou's magi. This did shock you some, having never seen your master bow his head towards anyone, especially not some child. Only when he lifted his head did you lift yours, letting your eyes trail over the magi once again. He was taller than you, you could tell that quite easily, and he had a lean yet muscular physique. He even chose to show it off by wearing baggy pants and a top that exposed his midriff. Behind him, you saw a long black braid that reached his ankles and you were left awestruck. In reality, this magi was... just pretty. And that only made you feel more uncomfortable.

"Welcome, Judar. Come in. Do you have any requests?" Your master quickly moved to the side to let Judar in. Even though his face was calm, his words and actions were rushed, letting you know that he too was uneasy. 'Glad to know I'm not the only one who is uneasy because of this Judar.' You weren't sure if you were more or less reassured knowing that he was scared of the magi as well, but this made you extra cautious as you stood beside your master. You looked Judar down again and started calculating in your head his strength. He was quite muscular, so your first thought would be that he was strong, but you could tell by the lazy way he carried himself that he obviously had no care in the world about being here. You concluded that he was of average strength, but you knew that his physical strength would be the least of your worries.

"Let's just get this over with. I have places to be, things to destroy." The carefree way he spoke also let you know that he couldn't care less about being here. Your master hastily moved out of the way to let him enter, obviously trying hard to stay out of his way. As soon as Judar entered, he began inspecting every object in the room, his eyes lingering longer on some than others. You saw him glance at a portrait on the wall, one of your master and his parents, hung neatly near a large clock. Judar had almost inspected everything in the room, leaving only one remaining.

You were too busy watching the magi to notice that he had stopped looking around the room and was staring straight at you. When your gaze came back up to his face, you both locked eyes and you felt all the color drain from your face. All you could do was stare at those bright red orbs that looked as though they held the depths of Hell. You were starting to believe that this magi had crawled his way out of those very depths. Your master could only watch helplessly as your (e/c) orbs stared into those pools of blood, looking about ready to devour you. Slowly, you started to feel the air leave your lungs before you felt as if you couldn't breathe, as if you would collapse. You quickly looked down, ending the seemingly endless staring contest. You glanced up at your master, a silent plea to get moving. You missed the smirk that crossed the dark magi's face.

"Please follow me Judar and we can discuss this payment." Your master began to walk, patiently waiting for Judar to walk alongside him. The two males walked in front, and you stayed a little behind them, trying to keep as much distance between you and the magi as possible. To anyone who didn't know of the situation, you looked exactly like a helpless little girl because both males were considerably bigger than you. Plus the way you looked as if you were about to empty your lunch in the middle of the hallway.