|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20|

|20|

Here you were, on a flying carpet with Kougyoku and Ka Koubun, about to leave Balbadd. After a long conversation with Alibaba, Kougyoku decided that the matter was beyond her power to decide. The prince was changing Balbadd to a republic. He also wanted Kou to pardon them of their debts for the time. He proposed that reopening the ports could be in Kou's favor as well. Kougyoku warned that the Emperor might launch a military attack but Sinbad seemed to appear out of thin air with three representatives from foreign countries. He then claimed Balbadd was now involved with the Seven Seas Alliance. The whole thing was a mess and there was really nothing for Kougyoku to do.

Plus, you know how the girl gets around Sinbad, it was practically impossible for her to think straight. Sinbad and Alibaba practically left her with no possibilities. She had no one to marry, she couldn't necessarily make any rulings, so your only option was to leave. However, before that, she declared that Sinbad must come to Kou as evidence of the two countries working together. Sinbad agreed and then Kougyoku stormed out of the room, you and Ka Koubun following after her.

That's how you got to where you were now. She decided there was no use to stay any longer and ordered to leave. You questioned if you should stay with Judar, you were his slave. However, she said that the Banker ordered for you to go with them while he watches Judar. You weren't even surprised he tried to get rid of you. You then went to your room to gather anything you needed, later meeting her outside. You, the princess, Ka Koubun, along with some Kou soldiers got on the carpet and started to leave.

"Your Highness. Shouldn't we bring the priest with us?" You nodded along with Ka Koubun, finding it odd that you were supposed to leave Judar there while he was unconscious. It was suspicious and gave you the wrong feeling in your gut. Kougyoku didn't seem to question it much, which would have been reassuring if it weren't for everything that happened recently. Along with the fact that her face was currently red and she was practically in a daze.

"It's fine. After all, the Banker told us to leave it to him. I must hurry and tell Father about Balbadd abolishing its monarchy. And about our promise with the King of Sindria." Kougyoku let out an odd squeal and you could tell she was thinking of Sinbad. She grabbed the sides of her face and looked at the ground. Both you and Ka Koubun looked at her with exhausted expressions. You were well aware that Kougyoku didn't want to marry the king after seeing him, but you were hoping she wasn't going to immediately try and pursue Sinbad. 'Isn't he like ten years older than her?'

The carpet was now over the ocean and you sat down since it would take some time before you got back to Kou. The ride was quiet and it didn't carry the same energy as your rides with Judar. The number of people on the carpet also added to your nerves. You were stuck with these strangers so far from the ground, or water. Kougyoku was here so they weren't going to do anything but it still caused you to be slightly anxious. You were thankful that not everyone who came with her was going back with her, or there would be a lot more people riding with you all right now.

You heard Kougyoku let out a dreamy sigh next to you as she sat down. Her face still had the blush across is and you weren't sure how long she could think of the purple-haired man. You were sure you were halfway to Kou and she still seemed to be in a daze, swaying side to side. You let out a quiet sigh and shook your head. Staring ahead of you, you watched the waves in the water. You would have to keep waiting until you got back.

'What if Judar wanted me to stay?' You slapped your cheeks and shook your head, trying to clear it of the thought. He was unconscious, there would be no way for him to have expressed his feelings anyway. The Banker also made it obvious you should leave Balbadd. The man probably thought you were some distraction or extra weight for the magi to carry around. Like you said before, it's okay if he doesn't like you. You don't like him either. Still, you couldn't help but get concerned about if you were to leave or not. 'It's more like I don't want to get punished if I did what he didn't want me to do.'