[Comfort Food] Shepperd's Pie by Lynn

Hello, there! This amateur cook is still in quarantine and cooking up a storm. As of late, I have found myself with too many potatoes. (Yes, my request of five pounds for at home delivery was replaced by a ten pound sack) What's a girl to do?
Shepherd's pie, of course!

What we need
* 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
* 1 stick of butter
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1-2 cups vegetables—I keep it simple, giving peas... and carrots a chance
* 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
* 1/2 cup beef broth
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* Salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice (I've never run away from cayenne pepper, but I like living on the edge)

How do we do it?
1. Bring your potatoes to a boil, then reduce to simmer, add salt and leave them to cook for 20 minutes, until tender.

2. Sauté your vegetables. Melt half a stick of butter in a pan and bring it yo medium heat. Add the chopped onions and watch over them until tender, 6-10 minutes. I usually go the easy route with frozen veggies, so you can add those after properly thawed at room temperature.

3. Add the ground beef, then Worcestershire sauce and broth: Add ground beef to the pan with the onions and vegetables. Cook until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. After all is mixed in, reduce heat to low. Keep cooking for for 10 minutes, adding more broth if you ser fit (don't let that beef dry out!)

4. Mash the cooked potatoes: When the potatoes are done, remove them from the pot and place them in a bowl with the remaining 1/2 a stick butter. Mash with a fork or potato masher, and season with salt and pepper to taste. (If you feel like adding a bit of garlic, go for it! I will not raise an eyebrow!)

5. Starting with potatoes, Layer the meat mixture and mashed potatoes in a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the beef, onions, and vegetables in an even layer. Potatoes, beef mixture, potatoes.

6 Bake! Place in oven and cook until browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes. If necessary, broil for the last few minutes to help the surface of the mashed potatoes brown.

You are done! Enjoy!!!