[V-Day Recipe] Olive Oil Lava Cake by Sam

Hey! Do you like sweet stuff? Of course, you do, you're a human being. We love sweets, desserts, and everything yummy yummy. But we also like easy stuff. Well, in honor of Saint Valentine's day, let's do something that is both incredibly easy, and hella sweet! It is so easy that it literally calls for the sweet to be underbanked. Of course, we are talking about the molten lava cake!

Many people see it as something hard or daunting to do, only reserved for the haute cuisines of the culinary world. That's a bunch of malarkey. You can make this in less than it takes for a pizza to arrive. Nothing says "I love you" more than a gooey chocolate lava cake! But we are not going to do just any silly old lava cake. We will do my own personal "Olive Oil Lava Cake!"

--- Sam_le_fou 

Ingredients (Yields 2 Cups, or 2 6oz ramekins):

- 3 oz Dark Chocolate. Not milk chocolate.

- 4 tbsp Olive Oil. If you don't have, normal oil is okay.

- 1 Large egg + 1 egg yolk.

- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract.

- 4 tbsp of Coffee. Optional.

- 4 tbsp of White sugar. Optional, if you want a more nutty flavor, use brown sugar. I prefer the chocolate to speak for itself.

- 2 tbsp of Flour, divided into 1 tbsp each.

- Cocoa powder, optional.

- A pinch of salt.

- Baking spray. If not, butter will work. If not, oil.

Instructions:

- Grab your cup or ramekins and coat with the baking spray/butter/oil. Make sure to cover everything. Dust the inside with cocoa powder, or flour if you don't have cocoa powder, and make sure it coats the entire interior. Shake the excess. This will allow the cake to be easily extracted later.

- Heat oven to 475 F/250 C.

- Chop the chocolate as small as possible and add it to a bowl. Melt it either pulsing it on the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, or over a double boiler.

- Once melted, add olive oil, vanilla, coffee, and salt and mix with a spatula. Add sugar and eggs and mix again. Lastly, add the flour and mix. You will get a gooey chocolate batter.

- Add the mix inside the cups/ramekins and put it in the oven for 13 minutes exactly. This is the most delicate part. Measure exactly 13 minutes and take out. This will make the outside be baked but keep the inside gooey.

- Let it rest for about 1 minute outside the oven. Now, you can eat as-is, or you can unmold it into a plate. This is very delicate, so pay attention. Run a thin knife around the edges of the cup or ramekin to loosen it. Carefully put a plate over it, and invert it with the utmost care.

- You can eat as is, or customize it! You can add whipped cream, or ice cream, or nuts, or powdered sugar. The important thing is that you have a gooey delicious cake to eat! Bon appetit!