[Delightfully Greek] Mosaiko by Christine Bottas

This amazing Greek chocolate and biscuits dessert (Mosaiko) is a must for any chocolate lover (and anyone who does not have a lot of time on their hands).

This is a delicious, smooth treat with a crunchy bite. Takes about 10 minutes to make.

Ingredients
250g unsalted butter, melted
200g icing sugar
3 tbsps cocoa powder
2 eggs (separated into whites and yolks)
2 tbsps cognac or orange juice (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g Petit beurre, crushed
a pinch of salt
a pinch of sugar

Instructions
1. To prepare the mosaiko, separate the eggs into whites and yolks.

2. Add the egg whites, a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar in the mixer's bowl. Make sure your egg whites, bowl and whisk attachments are clean and free of any water. Whisk the egg whites until white and foamy. Add 35g icing sugar and whisk until the mixture is very thick and glossy and a long trailing peak forms when the whisk is lifted (meringues).

3. In the meantime melt the butter. Pour the melted butter into a large bowl, add the icing sugar, the cocoa powder, the vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Add the egg yolks and whisk. Add the meringues and blend with light circular movements. At the end add the crushed biscuits and mix.

4. Layer a rectangular baking cake tin with some plastic wrap and pour in the mixture. Place in the fridge or the freezer for 1-2 hours.

5. Turn the form upside down onto a platter; remove the plastic wrap and serve the mosaiko in slices. Store in the fridge.