Chapter 10: Ashes, ashes and the hoodie is gone

Start from the beginning

"Well I broke up with my boyfriend, he destroyed one of my prized possessions, I'm questioning my existence and I feel like murdering someone, so I think I'm fine overall." I say, "I mean, besides the whole, 'he destroyed one of my prized possessions' thing."

Logan looks at me, concerned. I smile, then throw up again.

"Can you get me some water?" I ask.

Logan nods and goes to the kitchen. He comes back with a glass of water that I gulp down in a few seconds. My head still hurts, just not as much now. 

"It's 10:45, people will start clearing out soon." He says.

"Great. I can puke in peace then." I say sarcastically.

Logan grins a bit. After a few minutes, I say,

"I think I'm good. I'm going to go enjoy the last few minutes of this party." 

I get up and walk to the kitchen. I see, on the table, one jar of Crofters jam left. I had seen a few there before, but I don't know who'd be eating straight jam. I shrug, it could be anyone. I decide I am one of them, as a grab the jar and a spoon. Logan sees me a minute later and stops.

"Is that the last jar of Crofters?" He asks.

"Maybe.." I say.

Logan just goes over to the cabinet and pulls out another jar.

"Not anymore." He says, grabbing a spoon.

He opens the jar and starts eating it. That answers my question. From the other room, I hear Roman's voice.

"Ok guys, wrap it up. Curfew's 11 you got 12 minutes to beat it." He says.

Everyone starts clearing out. Then I remember something.

"Aw crud. Can you drive me home? I don't have a ride and my parents are probably asleep." I ask Logan.

Remus and Jan had given me a ride here. Sort of. They dropped me off a few blocks down near a cafe. I told them I needed to meet someone there. They probably didn't believe me and followed me to the party. Right before I entered I ended it with Jan.

"I didn't drive here, but I know someone who lives in your apartment complex that can drive you." Logan offers.

I agree and he goes into the crowd. I see him talking to a boy in a Steven Universe shirt. After a minute Logan comes back.

"Thomas says he can't." He says.

Logan thinks for a minute. He goes back into the crowd and comes out with someone's car keys. For a second I think he stole someone's, but then I remember that this is Logan, not Jan, and he wouldn't steal.

"Roman says I can borrow his car. Let's get you home before curfew." Logan says.

I nod, and we rush outside. Logan unlocks the car and we get in and drive to my apartment. 

We arrive, and Logan pulls into the parking lot. I'm thanking him as I get out.

"It was no problem." He says, "And Virgil?"

I turn around.

"Yeah?"

He looks like he wants to tell me something.

"I-I hope you had a good time. Overall." He says.

"Yeah. I did. Thanks for inviting me." I say.

*Logan POV*

Virgil walks away and I feel like slapping myself. I had almost told him! I was so close, why didn't I? I drive back to Roman's house in shame. Patton and I are staying the night again. I walk in through the front door.

"Hey kiddo, what's got you down?" Patton asks.

"Nothing Patton. I'm fine." I say.

He raises his eyebrow.

"It's just that- um," I start to say, "We're out of Crofters." 

Patton laughs and Roman enters to room, looking tired.

"I finally got everyone out. I swear to god if I see my brother again I'm gonna kill him." He says.

"Why?" Patton asks.

"I second that, with his partner in crime," I add.

"Am I missing something?" Patton asks.

"Yes," I say, "Remus and his friend Jan were also friends with Virgil, and tonight he broke up with Jan, and then they came here and threw Virgil's sweatshirt into the fire," I explain.

"So that's what I saw in there. Yeah, its a pile of charred fabric now." Patton says.

I flinch slightly. Virgil seemed pretty distraught after it burned. 

"I'm pretty tired, can we set up our stuff and go to sleep?" I ask.

They both agree and we set up our stuff in the basement again. I take the air mattress and fall asleep in minutes.

Uh oh, what did the snek boi do? Will there be revenge, angst, and fluff? Probably. Also, I'm planning a really long chapter for my other book, so I might not update it today. I hope you enjoyed reading! Please feel free to leave any thought, feedback, theories, and more in the comments and have a delightful day you magnificent peep!