Chapter 22: Transformed...

https://25.media.tumblr.com/db143c97782f0af1d795d49b10263993/tumblr_mihsswt39h1qkh1upo2_500.gif.

-----A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER-----

It was strange when I felt my eyes re-open, almost as though my body was convinced everything had changed. The world seemed almost blurry, but when I really focused I was able to pick up on the minuscule dust particles scattered across the airs oxygen atoms. The condensation falling down flower vases became the most fascinating thing in the room, as well as words my eyes in the past believed, were just patterns scattered across decade old art around the Cullen home...Full images still seemed blurry, almost as though I could only focus on the smallest of things before my mind dared create a complete picture...

I sat up slowly, still struggling to take in my surroundings--they felt so familiar yet also brand new...And as strange as it was to not feel temperature or my own heartbeat...The strangest absence was that gut feeling that had promised me so much. Promised me a future and a life and happiness; had shown me visions of that future, of that life, of that happiness...But now all I felt was a strange emptiness, as though my transition had forced a small part of my personality to become dormant, and I didn't know how long it would remain that way...

My heightened senses were still trying to focus on everything at once, bask in all the new sensations after only being awakened for a few minutes. My ears detected the quietest shuffling of clothes, my head snapping to the side to find a blurred outline standing before the sunlight. The outline seemed male, wearing light-colored clothing, and giving off no heartbeat. The blurs became clearer, my lips twitching in a small smile when I recognized the man. He seemed hesitant as he reached towards me, my body moving before I could think and planting me in front of him. The sensation of touching him felt foreign, the feeling of our skin meeting again forcing sparks through me.

My whole body was on fire just by being so close to him even though I felt no actual temperature rise..."So beautiful..." I glanced up through my lashes, savoring his touch on my cheek. "We're the same temperature now," I adored his smile.

He turned me slowly, leading me to stand in front of a large mirror so I could take in my new appearance. It was strange seeing myself so similar yet so drastically changed. My already pale skin seemed paler somehow, almost as though I'd reached the level of porcelain--it almost seemed as though it would break as easily as the material. My hair seemed lighter, more voluptuous compared to how dead and ratty it last looked when I was alive and human. My body no-longer portrayed itself as a skeleton, my mind relieved to see my skin look full and plump again, the small pouch of fat along my stomach reminding me of the life I carried and filling me with an overwhelming excitement to see her again soon...As weird as it was to say about yourself, I looked as perfect as my body physically could. Is that weird?

I turned back to Edward with a smile, so overwhelmed all I could think to do was pull him into a hug--barely registering his struggled grunt--"Hey, Bella...You're a lot stronger then I am right now..." I felt a giggle slip past my lips, slowly pulling away to gaze into his eyes, my lower lips tugged between my teeth. "It's your turn not to break me--" I tugged him closer, grinning wider.

"I love you..."

"I love you..." His lips felt like heaven, those same sparks forcing me to smile into the kiss.

When we pulled back my heart was so full, his face just inches from mine again reminding me of the family I wanted to reunite with--"Renesmee."

He chuckled, "She's incredible..."

"Where is she? I have to see her--"

My attempt to turn was halted as he continued to hold me close, my eyes focusing more clearly to find we were the only two people in the room--"Wait. Wait," I faced him again, confused as to why he'd stop me. "You need to get your thirst under control." I reached up to hold my throat, a deep pain setting there with his words. It was as though I hadn't even noticed how hungry I was, all I cared about was seeing my baby girl. "Yeah, you'll need to hunt," his look took on more concern, I nodded quickly.