Chapter 8: Aging...

https://38.media.tumblr.com/5060db5c665fe3ed251c02da97659b25/tumblr_mmn9241UfJ1sp3yxwo6_500.gif.

I shuffled around my room, searching all crevises for that stupid 'Romeo + Juliet' playbook for English--already knowing how Mr. Berty will react when he finds out I lost another one. My hand danced underneath my desk, passing the odd pen cap and straying from the corners for a fear of cobwebs. All hope was almost lost, a sour mood wishing to take over my day until I came in contact with the fraying edges of that dull love story--"Gotcha!" I jumped, excitement flooding me over not having to replace it--Though my actions halted mid-movement by a trespassing knock, "Come in," I called, pushing the book into my bag and smiling with Charlie's entrance.

"Happy Birthday," I chuckled at his glum tone.

I assessed the presents, glad to have received a smile from the stoic man--"I thought we agreed to no presents," I reminded him.

"Well, the one from me's not wrapped--So, it don't count," I accepted the camera decorated with a sticker bow.

"Thanks, it's actually really helpful--I needed one," I turned the small device on.

"Uh, it goes with this one from your Mom. We coordinated," I raised a brow at his suggestion, "Well, she coordinated me."

"That sounds about right," I agreed while tearing the book from its binding.

"It's to, uh, put your pictures in from Senior year," I lay it on 'my' desk--odd, still trying to get used to that...--"Senior year..." Charlie pulled me from my thoughts, "How'd you get old so fast?"

"I'm aging just the same speed as you, Dad," I patted his arm with the comment and finished packing my bag.

"Oh, I don't know," he frowned when my eyes returned to him, "Is that a gray hair?"

"No," I refused, his look shaking my nerve as I dashed for the mirror--"No, way," my denial paired with a sigh when the obviousness of his jokes registered--"Very funny(!)" I can't believe I fell for that.

"Happy Birthday..." I rolled my eyes as he smirked and left me be, giving me just moments to let the fact I'm celebrating 'my' birthday sink in...

-----

"It's Bella. Bella, hi," my attention was caught as I parked.

"Today's the big day, Bella," I frowned with Jessica's following comment, "Uh, R and J essay due?"

"Oh, yeah," I shook my head before pulling the book from my bag.

"You still have it?" Angela raised a brow with her smile.

"I know. Trust me, I'm just as surprised," I grinned back, knocking my new camera when attempting to conceal the possession--"Hey, can I take a picture of you guys? My Mom wants me to try and put a scrapbook together of memories."

"Oh, yeah, cool," Eric agreed as they began bunching together, Angela attempting to back out last minute.

"I take 'em, I'm not in 'em, sooo--"

"No, no, no. Come here," Eric refused and squished her into his side.

"You'll Photoshop this if my nose looks big, right?"

"Don't worry, I'm in the picture. No one will be looking at you guys," I rolled my eyes, amusement spiking in my gut as I froze their pose into my metal device.

"Cute," I complimented while checking over the image, "Do you guys wanna...?" my voice trailed to nothing when I caught their gazes focused behind me--"What?"