Chapter 2: Greetings In A Fake Reality...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f5/77/80/f577808a3ec8067226719298d1226118.gif.

Wellll...this is awkward...Since arriving in my dream town the only words I've uttered are: "Is this your car?" because I was actually stupid enough to not let the fact the town Sheriff would drive a cop car register in my tiny human brain. Ever since that moment at the airport it's been complete silence, I'm unsure if either of us is even breathing with how quiet this car is...All I'll say is it's definitely not how I expected my first meeting with Billy Burke to go.

Time seemed to drag on, the position in our journey to the Swan household only hinted when 'The City Of Forks Welcomes You' sign appeared on the side of the road, forgetting to inform visitors of its vast population containing: 3,120 people...Wow...I actually just bored myself with my own facts...

I couldn't hold down my slight look of awe as we drove through the town, the slight streaks of prior rain lightly decorating my car window added to the element of all that surrounded me being real. "Your hair's longer," my concentration on rustic decorations lining the streets was broken with Billy's voice.

I glanced towards him, hating the awkwardness that was continuously seeded through Bella and Charlie's relationship in the films. I tugged at my hair, considering a different response, yet only able to form blank sentences..."Uh--I cut it since the last time I saw you," I huffed, angry with myself for actually following through with that line.

"Oh...Guess it grew out again," my heart hurt with the tone, the silence returning as his face built up yet another emotionless expression. I sighed with the return, thankful as the vehicle once again set into motion--forcing compact and picturesque structures to morph into suburban homes and well-groomed front gardens...I held in my wow upon seeing the Swan household before me, built high and mighty in front of a lush, green background.

I moved to the back of the vehicle, accepting a bag, backpack, and a suitcase before being halted--"I can carry that," 'Charlie' interjected my progress.

"It's fine," I shrugged with a smile, "So, how's work?"

He seemed slightly taken back with my interest..."Um, fine. The police force is rarely used in Forks, it's a peaceful town," he shared as we moved inside the humble abode.

"What about...Fishing?" I pray he fished when Bella was a child, "Do you get to do that often now you're the Sheriff?"

"Every other weekend if i'm lucky," I was able to pull a chuckle from him, "My main restriction is waiting for Billy's schedule to be free. Speaking of, he'll be dropping by soon."

I was informed as we reached the second floor's hallway, "Billy Black?"

"Yeah, bringing his son Jacob."

"Cool, can't wait to see them again," I smiled before pushing open 'my' bedroom door.

"...Uh, I've cleared some shelves off in the bathroom," his throat was cleared as I set down the luggage I transported on the awaiting to be made double bed.

"That's great, thanks..." I muttered, amazed by how realistic everything looked. I stepped forward slightly, allowing a hand to trail over the worn-in wooden desk before it glided up an awkwardly bent lamp--

"It's a pretty good work lamp," I held down my jump, forgetting Billy was even in the same room as me for a second--"The sales lady picked out the bed stuff. Uh, you like--You like purple, right?"

"It's my favorite color," I answered honestly, unable to hold back the optimistic Jessie desperate to shine through Bella's gloomy outlook, "Thanks."