Ch. 10 - Happy

Patton's p.o.v.
*tw: Mental abuse (it's almost the whole chapter so read at your own discretion)

As soon as I walk in the door, Dan is sitting on my bed sifting through my things. I heart stops as I hold my breath. He looks me up and down and smirks. I fold my arms and give myself a little hug. He's making me feel really exposed and uncomfortable and I just walked in. 

"Hey, beautiful." He said, putting my things down and walking towards me. I smiled, but I could feel myself shaking. 

"H-hey, Danny. I thought you were coming by at 5:30. It's barely even noon yet."

He looked at me like I was stupid. "What, you think I need a reason to see you?"

"N-no, of course not. I just..I'm not even ready yet."

"That's cool, I'll wait." He sat back down on my bed and stared at me. "Well? Get dressed."

"Oh, right. Sorry.." I said quickly, going to my closet and picking out a new shirt I bought with Virgil a few weeks ago. I quickly got dressed into it and put on some simple khakis. He made a look of disapproval. 

"You're really gonna wear that?" He asked me. 

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?"

"I don't like it on you. It makes you look old." 

I frowned and looked down at my shirt. It was a simple light blue button down shirt with two sunflowers on each side of the collar. It looked almost identical to the normal ones I wear. Still, not wanting to make him upset, along with the fact that now I was self conscious of myself, I took off the shirt and put on a simple blue polo with my favorite cardigan around my neck. 

He was even more upset. 

"Seriously? Now you look like my grandma. And khakis? Really?" He sighed. "Here, I'll pick something for you. 

He moved me out of the way and went to my closet. He threw a yellow t-shirt at me, a jean jacket, and some black pants. He folded his arms and watched as I changed into the new outfit as quickly as I could. I looked up at him and he smirked. 

"There we go. Oh, one more thing. Put your contacts in. I can't be seen with a nerd at the bar, ya know. Especially with the guys." 

I frowned as I went over to the small mirror by my bed and put my contacts in. I really don't like going to the bar with Dan and his friends. One of his friends is always making lewd and gross jokes about me and anyone I'm related to. 

"Perfect. Now let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. 

"Wait, I thought you said 5:30, though." 

He stopped and loomed over me. He was a good foot taller than me, which made him that much more terrifying sometimes. 

"Are you really going to nit pick at me the whole night? Cause if you are I might as well break up with--"

"No! No, no, I'm sorry. You're right I'm just being me. I'll fix it, just..don't break up with me. Please.."

I tried to look away but he grabbed my chin and made me face him. He smirked. 

"I like it when you beg. Do it again."

"I-I..."

"Patton..do it." He said calmly, which implied if I didn't comply soon, I'd be facing his wrath. 

"P-Please.." 

"Please what?"

"D-Don't break up with me..."