Ch. 5 - Carnival (part 1)

Patton's p.o.v.

I looked through my closet trying to figure out what I was gonna wear to the carnival. Since Dan wasn't going cause he's sick, I decided to go with my favorite shirt. I grabbed a white button down with a single blue flower on the pocket. I also grabbed my pastel blue sweater since I figured it might get chilly. 

Virgil walked through the door and immediately began pacing. 

"Patton. What do I do? What do I wear? What do I say to him?"

"Who? Your date--" I was interrupted when Virgil grabbed me and violently shook me. 

"I NEED HELP!"

I laughed. "Ok, ok! Just stop shaking me and I'll help you with your outfit."

Virgil nodded and immediately let go of me. He stood patiently as I went over to our closet. Most of the stuff he had was black, but I took out a purple shirt with a few rips in it. I then grabbed a pair of his normal ripped jean and in the back of the closet I saw the black and purple jacket I made for him as a welcoming present. 

"Hey! I was wondering where this went!" I took out the jacket and tossed it over to him, along with the jeans and shirt. He immediately started to get changed. Once he finished with that, he styled his hair in his normal do. I touched up on his eyeshadow and painted his nails so they weren't chipped anymore. 

"Ya know, for a guy who wears nothing but sweaters and button downs, you've got some good fashion sense."

I nodded. "Yeah, it's always been a secret hobby, I guess."

"Well good job, cause you made me look passable."

I gave him a smile as I grabbed my car keys. "Am I driving?"

Virgil shook his head and smirked, grabbing his own. "Nah, I'll drive. Take it as a thank you." 

I thanked him and we left our dorm and walked out to his car. I climbed into the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt. Virgil began driving to the carnival. It was a ten minute drive, so it wasn't too long. I began nodding off to sleep after barely thirty seconds of the drive, though. 

"Pat? Hey, buddy! We're here." 

I jolted up in my seat, rubbing my eyes. Virgil looked at me worriedly. I waved him away before he could ask me if anything was wrong. "It's fine, Virgil. Just couldn't sleep last night." I unbuckled and climbed out of the car, looking around. 

Rides of all sorts were in the once empty field. Children were running, laughing, begging their parents to buy them tickets. It was warmer than I thought it'd be, so I took off my sweater and decided to tie it around my shoulders. Virgil walked around the car and stood beside me. He took off his sweatshirt too, but he tied it around his waist instead. 

"Alright, let's go find them." Virgil said and began walking. I followed close behind him, a little confused. As far as he told me, he was only meeting one other guy. So who was 'them?' 

After a bit of walking and one phone call, Virgil and I stopped walking in front of the ring toss. A tan boy with brown-ish red hair was looking at his phone. He didn't seem to realize we'd shown up until Virgil tapped him on the shoulder. 

"Hey, Princey."

"Hm?" the man said, looking up from his phone. As soon as he recognized Virgil his face lit up. I smiled, cause it was pretty obvious that this guy was head over heels for Virgil. "Well if it isn't my dark and stormy knight." 

"Haha, very cute. You use that on all the guys you date?"

"Only for you, darling." 

Virgil rolled his eyes and blushed. Whether he wanted to admit it to himself or not, it was also obvious he liked this guy too. Suddenly, his phone buzzed. 

"Oh, sorry guys, I have to take this." He put the phone up to his ear and walked off a bit. The man looked down at me and smiled, holding out his hand to me. 

"Hey, I'm Roman. It's a pleasure to meet you." 

I smiled and shook his hand. "I'm Patton, but you can just call me Pat. It's nice to meet you." I dropped my smile for a second and stared at him intensely, trying to be intimidating as possible. 

"Break his heart and you'll have a bad time. Got it?"

Roman nodded quickly. "yEs sir!" He squeaked nervously. I smiled and laughed. 

"I'm only teasing, don't worry! But seriously be good to him. He deserves it." 

Roman nodded. "Well then I shall give him the world."

I nodded, approvingly. Virgil walked back over to us putting his phone back in his pocket. "I have another friend coming. I hope that's ok. It's just so Pat has a buddy just in case." 

Roman shrugged. "Cool with me. As long as he doesn't steal you away from me." he said, taking Virgil's hand and holding it in his. Virgil blushed more, but then noticed something behind me. 

"Oh! There's my friend. Hey, Logan! Over here!" He waved. I turned around to see the cashier smiling a bit and walking over. I could feel my tongue getting twisted already. He's just as handsome as before. 

"Salutations, Virgil. It's quite nice to see you again." 

He smirked. "Same here nerd. Oh, this is my date--"

"Hey! Logan, right?" Roman said, smiling. 

"Oh, well if it isn't Sir sing-a-lot." Logan said, rolling his eyes. 

"You two know each other?" Virgil asked. Roman nodded. 

"Yep! I usually use him for flirting practice when I get groceries."

"Don't forget all the dating advice you ask me." Logan added, causing Roman to blush. Virgil smiled and squeezed Roman's hand. 

"Well, you remember Patton too, right?"

Logan turned to me and smiled, extending his hand out to me. "Of course. How could I forget. It's a pleasure to cross paths again." 

I could feel my face heat up as I took his hand, shaking it. He had a firm grip, but his hands were soft and somehow gentle. "Yeah, I'm glad to see you again." 

He raised an eyebrow. "Glad?" 

Virgil snickered and whispered something to Roman. Roman covered his mouth with his hand and turned to Virgil, who was nodding. Roman uncovered his mouth to reveal a smile. 

"Welp this has been cool catching up. Me and emo nightmare here are gonna go play some games. Catch ya guys later!" He walked away with Virgil, leaving me alone with Logan. He looked back at me and asked me again. 

"Why are you glad?" 

"Hm? O-oh! Well, maybe not glad. I mean, not that I didn't want to see you cause I did, a lot. I-I mean..nevermind!" I looked down at my hands. I couldn't look at him without my whole face heating up.

"Patton, look at me." Logan said. I sheepishly looked up and met his gaze. 

"I have noticed you get quite flustered when you talk to me. I just want to let you know that you don't have to be nervous. I don't mean you any harm." 

I giggled and looked away again, sheepishly. 

"What? What is so humorous?" 

"It's nothing, it's just..I don't think you're gonna hurt me, I just think you're cu--" I stopped myself. Dear Crofters, what have I done.

"uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--"

"Umm...Patton, are you alright? Do you need to sit down?"

"uuuuuuuuuuuyyEAH I'm fine! Let's go play some games!" I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him away. 

I don't know how I'm going to get through this entire day with him. 

I'm scared I'll lose the battle with myself to stay true to Dan. 

It's more challenging than I thought it'd be...

∆§∆

(part two coming tomorrow and more romance will ensue. Hope ya enjoyed! -Manzana)