Alternate Ending!

I know, I know I've been putting this off for years, but hey, we're in quarantine and I have nothing better to do, so here I am!! It's all in the third person's POV, and it has a snippet of what Liz was thinking/feeling and well, it's a happy ending!! Happy reading :)

(I just read a couple of chapters from on here and they're all so horribly cheesy, omfg. I hate it)

Alternate Ending

(This is right after Chapter 27)

Three weeks and four days later.

Blaze sits in the chair beside Alaska's bed, her hand loosely clutched in his. It has been weeks since he's had proper sleep, his back aches from slumping over the edge of the bed all day, and he just wants to crawl into his bed and sleep for ages, cocooned in warm sheets until his bone-deep exhaustion wears off, but at this moment, nothing feels more important than that hand that is intertwined with his.

As he looks at Alaska lying against the sterile sheets, he feels sadness creeping up upon him starting from all the ends of his body slithering through his veins until it makes it's home in his heart. It feels as though icy fingers are clutching at his heart, squeezing away the joy until deep melancholy is all that he can feel. He shudders, a storm of emotions brewing inside him. He feels his breathing get faster as bullets of sweat form on his forehead. Before he can fully lose himself in the buildup of yearning and hurt, Liam strides in the room, giving Blaze a soft smile. He feels himself calm down, his heartbeat slowing down, head clearing from the haze. Blaze feels deep affection for his friend-- they'd gotten pretty close in the past few weeks. Gone were the feelings of pettiness and jealousy, and instead, all there was left was fondness and gratitude.

Liam drops himself in the seat next to Blaze and nods his head towards Alaska. "Any improvement?"

"The doctor was here, say, a couple of hours ago. Said that they're positive that she'll come out of the coma. How soon, though, they have no idea."

Liam nudges Blaze's feet with his and gives him a smile that is filled with so much hope that Blaze can't help but return it. Things were starting to look up. The investigation was finally starting to go somewhere, Nolan-- Alaska's father-- had told them. Evidence had been found, and the results were due soon. Today, if they were lucky.

Just as Blaze stands up to get some fresh air, Kyle rushes inside, settling in the chair Blaze had just emptied. He starts talking to Liam and Blaze excuses himself. He walks to the balcony, leans against the railing and smiles in amusement as he sees Tony (he recognizes most of the staff now because he's been around since Alaska was admitted) trying to get an old man into his wheelchair as he resists. That's a thing that happens everyday, but it never fails to make him smile. Soon, Alaska's parents join him, giving him a gentle squeeze on the shoulder. They talk aimlessly for a while, laughing.

"Mr. Gill called. They have the results, but they can't disclose them over the phone, so we're heading there right now. I just wanted to keep you boys updated," Nolan says and Blaze smiles in gratitude.

He spots Liz in the corridor outside Alaska's room a while after Alaska's parents leave, and Blaze furrows his brows. Not once had visited Liz visited Alaska in the past weeks and Blaze could feel his instincts kick in. He rushes over to her and before she can enter the room, Blaze stops her with a hand over her shoulder, roughly turning her around. He feels his lips twist into a sneer, and he feels more than he sees Liz's shaky exhale.

"What are you doing here?" he demands, eyes flashing.

"I wanted to see her," Liz says and Blaze sees a crazy glint in her eye he has never seen before. Her pupils are dilated and she's sweating slightly. Her eye twitches slightly and Blaze feels on edge immediately. He can't help but feel that something is terribly, terribly wrong.