Chapter 13

Date: 10th February, 2016.

Been ten days and the book is still on #1. Thank you everyone!

This is just a filer chapter. Enjoy reading!

"We cling to music, to poems, to quotes, to writing, to art
because we desperately do not want to be alone.

We want to know we aren't going crazy
and someone else out there knows
exactly how you're feeling.

We want someone to explain things we can't."

ALASKA'S POV

I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with what I was seeing. I flicked a pice of lint off my jacket and ran a hand through my hair.

Good enough, I thought to myself.

The car horn beeped twice and I rushed out, grabbing two granola bars while I was at it. I stepped out of the house an got into Liam's car. I gave him one of the bars and he smiled at me, appreciatively. We talked a bit on the way to school but other than that, we were quiet.

I made it to my lockers and then a jumping ball of black hair was by my side. Liz was jumpy and rushed out, "Hey, Al! Al, Al, Al. Have you seen Blaze?"

"Yeah, yesterday." I replied, looking for a book in my locker. I swear I had kept it in here, somewhere.

"No. I mean today. He looks so terrible! I don't even know why did he bother coming today." He replies in a hyper and rushed voice, sympathy clear in her tone.

I immediately abandoned my search for the book and looked at her. "What do you mean?" I asked her in a worried tone, eyebrows knitted together.

"He has bruises all over him. Also, he can't walk properly. He's limping.-" She halted and her eyes focused at someone past me.

I turned and looked what she was fixated at. I gasped as I saw Blaze standing there in all his glory. Well, not really. He had bruises all over his face his hands and neck. He looked so in pain and occasionally let out a whimper or cussed out when he took a step. It hurt me to look at him. He was hurt and so was I.

I quick waked towards him and looked into his eyes. I asked, "What's up with your new look?"

"I got into a fight with some people yesterday night." He said, staring right back and shrugged.

Those blue eyes would be the death of me.

"You don't look okay."

"It's not a big deal."

His indifference angered me. He wasn't okay, he was severely hurt.

"Fight with?" I pressed on further, concealing the anger.

"People." He replied vaguely.

"But you've never lost any of them?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"Drop it, Nov." He said.

"But-"

"I said drop it, Alaska." He said in a somewhat hostile tone and walked away. More like limping away.

Alaska.

The late bell rang and I returned to my locker, taking out my book and walked to the class. Mr. Smith was already in the class. One thing you need to know about him that he is incredibly grumpy, all the time.