Chapter 12

Date: 6th February, 2016.

This is going to be terrible. I can feel it. I haven't written in a boy's POV and when I say it is hard, trust me, it is.

"Don't do that.
Don't wish you were in another skin,
that you were another person;
someone prettier, someone thinner;
Someone with lighter skin or darker skin.

You are you. And nothing can be more special than your own individuality.
You are sacred,
you are one-of-a-kind, you are you.
No one can be you.

Love who you are and the world
will love you back
just the way you are."

BLAZE'S POV

It didn't feel right letting Nov leave without giving her a hug. It had been too long since I'd hugged her, talked to her.

I missed her. I would talk to her, but I don't think she'll be too happy to hear from me. I was a jerk that day at her house after all.

Liam shook me out of my thoughts by saying, "Hey man, thanks for staying. You didn't have to."

"All good." I replied, nodding a little.

Looking at Liam, I couldn't help but think that he is lucky. Nov talks to him everyday, hugs him, smiles at him, laughs because of him. But then it was his mom who was in the ICU too.

"How are you holding up?" I asked Liam, worried about how his mental state was. He was missing so much of school too.

"I am fine. Mom will be okay, I know." He said in a tone which clearly revealed that he was reassuring himself, not me.

We talked for a bit and somehow we ended talking about Alaska. Okay, not somehow, I asked him about her.

"She is fine, I guess. Remains very distracted. She can't even concentrate in class and it is clearly affecting her grades. However, she is trying so hard and somehow, is able to maintain her grades. She doesn't deserve to go through this." He ended, shaking his head in denial.

My heart broke a little. I am such a terrible best friend. My gut twisted and I felt like throwing up.

I am not there for her when she needs me the most.

"Does she talk about her mum?" I enquired further.

"Well, a little. But she does talk about her father." He said truthfully.

"Oh." I replied, not knowing what to say.

She never talked about her father with anyone but me. It was a sore subject for her. I could feel this knot in my stomach upon hearing the news.

Was she replacing me? Fear crept up my spine. I couldn't loose her. I won't.

"Do you think she will be okay?" I enquired, the worry evident in my voice.

"Yes, I guess so. Therapy might be good for her after all, we never know." Liam said.

After a little silence, Liam spoke in again. "Why are you mad at me?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." I answered, bluffing.

I exactly knew what he was talking about.

"You exactly know what I am talking about." he said, reading my mind.

"I do." I replied after a second's hesitation and before I could continue Liam said,