Chapter 22

Date: 3rd April, 2016.

So this quote (excerpt) I am about to write is longer than usual, sorry!

(Ignore the typos)

"I wish I had met you sooner.

If you were mine when I was sixteen, I never would have fallen for the boy in my chemistry class and cracked my head open on his chest. I couldn't see straight for weeks after that.

And maybe if I had know you since I was a little girl, I would never have gotten sad enough to hurt myself, a tick mark in my skin for each time my mother cried.

And if we had met two summers ago, I probably would have been asleep in your bed instead of  my sister's hospital room when she crashed her car and I could have twirled my fingers around your hair instead of pulling the strings out of the hospital blankets.

If we had met just a few months sooner, I'd probably never know the taste of too many pills because my mouth would be too busy telling you that I love you.

I know that people can't save you, I'm just saying, I wouldn't know what it is like to mean it when I say I want to die. "

ALASKA'S POV

"Geez, I know I am late, I'll be out in a minute." I said, speedily combing my hair and I tried to put on my socks at the same time. I hopped around my room, trying to find my other pair of my white converse. Somehow, I found it lying it under the bed.

How did it even get there?

"You are so lucky that I don't put makeup." I told him, he simply chuckled.

I quickly put the other shoe on and jogged down the stairs, taking two of them at a time.

I grabbed the whole entire cereal box on my way out and got into the car, quickly shutting the door. As I took a step forward, I groaned and rushed back into the house.

"Kyle, don't forget to lock the door on your way out!" My voice boomed throughout the house, the echo bouncing through the walls.

"Will do!" Came his quick reply and I ran towards Blaze's car, getting into the passenger seat and then slumping down, releasing a long breath.

He simply smirked seeing me so worked out and drove off, the car picking up the speed by every passing second.

I opened the box of Luck Charms and took some in my palm. Placing the box on the dash board, I started eating the cereal from my palm.

"Want some?" I offered

"Nah."

"Suit yourself" I shrugged.

More for me.

As I looked out of the window, he quickly snatched the remaining cereal from my hand and wolfed it down.

I made an annoyed sound at the back of my throat and took out some cereal from the box, flinging it at Blaze.

"Don't. Get. My. Car. Dirty." He practically growled.

I discreetly smirked, in the mood to mess with him and threw some more charms at him. He growled and parked the car on the side of the road.

He faced me and he had this menacing scowl on his face. I smiled at him, showing all of my teeth goofily. He glared at me and I smiler wider. With time, I saw his resolve dissolve. His glare got softer and he smiled back.